Digital Grid Application Engineer
Description de poste
Do you dream of working in a company that is driven by a meaningful purpose?
An inclusive company that empowers you to do your best and be innovative?
We are looking for a Digital Grid Application Engineer (006PIN) to make a difference!
At Schneider Electric, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to do more with less, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment. We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability.
What you will do:
Digital Grid Applications Engineer leads the Digital Grid solutions implementation or implementation of some of the Digital Grid solution modules as a lead engineer and/or technical project manager on engineering related projects in the electrical utility industry and provide support to clients in support phase of a project.
Digital Grid Applications Engineer performs jobs requiring knowledge of complex work methods and skills, with minimal supervision of their superior and according to their superior’s general instructions when tackling methodological, procedural or technical issues for which additional knowledge and experience is needed, in particular:
- Understand business processes of a utility and how EcoStructure ADMS – Advanced Distribution Management System relates to the business processes and real-life use cases of utility to ADMS product.
- Understand utility’s benefits which will be achieved by ADMS product.
- Identify key business drivers for the project and set the development priorities accordingly
- Design of the solution, including customizations and configurations, and fitting/changing of business processes and/or operation (management and control) approach in control center covering:
- Main scope of role includes grid operations (core features including UI, auto-generators, SCADA Control Room, OMS and Switching Management), advanced applications (EMS/DMS/DERMS), Web & Mobile applications and configuration (visibility profiles, web options, print, menus, localization, translations, coloring, etc.), ArcFM and Smart Metering products
- Collaboration and support with other project members related to common scope:
- Collaboration in design of integrations interfaces related to OMS, Crew Management and Switching Management
- Support in model design (when needed) including modeling of equipment, data source mapping, data importance clarification, definition of default values (need for power applications), EGU mapping
- Within its scope on the project, map in the RTM all functional/testable requirements on the appropriate chapters in the Functional Specifications and Design Documents
- Lead network model tuning and power applications implementation on project.
- Supports customers in SCADA point to point testing;
- Provides support to clients in support phase of a project
- Analyzes and creates functional specifications in its domain, based on clients’ requirements;
- Detects gaps in responses to clients’ requirements and delivers feedback to the Product Center with the aim of improving the offers;
- During the analysis of client’s requirements, continually oversees the actions of other members of the project team and if needed suggests corrections;
- Approves the content of tests and participates in creation of complex business “end to end” test scenarios in all aspects of ADMS product;
- Continually works on improvement of test scenarios in cooperation with other test process participants in the company;
- Responds quickly and professionally to bugs reported by a client and continually communicates with the client;
- Performs triage of software defects reported by clients according to the established procedure;
- Continually follows the development of the company’s product within the entire SE Digital Grid portfolio;
- Cooperates with other team members, identifies obstacles in the work process and shares them with other team members and other teams, within the Regional Solution Center;
- Continually contributes to work process and procedures improvement within both the Regional Solution Center and the entire company;
- Keeps up with the latest achievements in the fields of power engineering, software engineering and information technology (IT) and continually improves their own skill set, competence and domain knowledge;
- Continually works on raising the level of competence of less experienced team members;
- If needed, holds presentations/workshops to a wider audience with the aim of expanding the skill set of the targeted audience;
- Reports to their immediate superior.
- University degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Knowledge of C#/C++ and SQL is an advantage
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of Malay and English language, Mandarin is an advantage
- Good knowledge of the project execution methodology
Benefits we offer:
- Global family leave
- Comprehensive medical coverage for employee and dependents
- Flexible work arrangement
- Worldwide Employee Stock Ownership
We are looking forward to welcoming you in our team!