Indirect Strategic Sourcing Buyer
Description de poste
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Indirect Strategic Sourcing Buyer in our Monterrey Mx location.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
We strive to find motivated individuals who have a passion for sourcing as well as well as people who enjoy solving complex business challenges in a global organization. Schneider Electric’s Indirect Procurement team tackles fundamental business issues such as controlling costs, managing risk and improving service - every day. Indirect Procurement expenditures account for nearly one quarter of total company revenue.
Schneider Electric’s Indirect Procurement team is currently seeking an Indirect COE Buyer candidate with a passion for the industry and a strong interest in developing strategic sourcing competencies while solving complex operational issues.
- Responsible to perform indirect (non-production) vendor sourcing productivity actions in support of NAM category teams and Regional team.
- Reports to Americas Regional Indirect Procurement director.
- Located in Monterrey Mexico
- Conduct spend analysis, supplier market research, and RFP/RFI/RFQ development in English/Spanish
- Execute Indirect competitive bidding projects via SSP-SRM on diverse non-production spend categories
- Conduct contract negotiation with assigned NAM vendors – USA, Canada, and Mexico. Lead strategic sourcing process and cross-functional team in front of functional stakeholders.
- Resolve sourcing and operational issue in support of category & regional teams as well as internal customers.
- Interact frequently with our indirect buyers, category leaders, external vendors and stakeholders
- Serve as the expert in SSP-SRM, MDG, OTTO, Tableau, other procurement tools & associated processes
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if you fit the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business, Finance, IT, Engineering from an accredited college/university
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English
- Desirable to have good communications skills in Portuguese
- Relevant work experience or exposure to procurement, purchasing, supply chain, or information technology.
- Experience in conducting Request for Information (RFI), Request for Quotation (RFQ), and Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Exposure or experiences to source non-production spend categories such as IS/Telecom, HR/Professional, Facility Service/MRO/Temp Labor, Transportation Logistics, Travel, Fleet and Marketing services.
- Attention to details.
- Comfortable with digital tools
- Drive for results, effective planning / prioritization, project management and multi-tasking
- Highly motivated to learn, self-directed
- High level of interest in developing indirect strategic sourcing expertise
- Ethics and Integrity
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, a culture of wellness, and more great benefits above and beyond a typical employer. Click to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/mx/carreras
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.