Transportation and Customs Specialist for UK and Ireland
Description de poste
Job Title – Transport and Customs Specialist for UK and Ireland
Location – Schneider Electric Telford Logistics Distribution Centre
Schneider’s purpose is to empower all to make the most of our energy and resources, bridging progress and sustainability for all. We call this Life Is On.
Our mission is to be your digital partner for Sustainability and Efficiency.
We drive digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies, end-point to cloud connecting products, controls, software and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure and industries.
We are the most local of global companies. We are advocates of open standards and partnership ecosystems that are passionate about our shared Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
Are you our next Transport and Customs Specialist for UK and Ireland? Based out of our Telford Logistics Distribution Centre, Schneider Electric has a great opportunity for the right person to join our well-established team as an Transport and Customs Specialist for UK and Ireland.
Measure and analyse transportation performance (cost and service) and implement corrective actions. Manage projects to design and optimise transportation solutions integrating customs constraints. Organise and control the transportation of goods into the Logistics Distribution Centre from Groupe Suppliers. Recognised as a transport and customs guide and offers advice to other departments within Schneider Electric.
- Controls outbound transport flows to outside group customers
- Listens to "customers voice" to measure customer satisfaction through DCR investigations, meetings with CCC / CS&Q teams and carriers
- Reports outbound service level performance (OTDT)
- Manages inbound performance and transport activities (road, air and ocean)
- Ensures correct execution of Transport and Customs projects
- Collaborates with other departments to secure logistical processes
- Invoice auditing and approving
- Interacts with carriers, customers, and customs broker
- You are curious to learn more about transport and customs role within trade and logistics
- You are interested to work in fast changing environments
- You are up for challenges
- You are confident to interact with a large panel of stakeholders
- You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with significant personal responsibility and attractive development opportunities
- Flexible working models to ensure a balance of family and working life
- Optimal support on your career path through regular training opportunities
- A dynamic and personal atmosphere, working with a global energised team
- A company culture that encourages performance and cooperation
- An attractive compensation package including the comprehensive fringe benefits expected of an international company
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
If our recruiting team determines your background may be a good match for this position, we'll contact you directly regarding the next steps in the process.
We look forward to receiving your application via our online job portal.