FeaturesActi 9 iPF K & iPRD Type 2 Surge Protection Devices protect the electrical equipments against the indirect lightning strikes.
The use of Type 2 Surge Arresters is recommended in the case of non-critical power installations.
They are tested and rated according to the standardised current wave of 8/20 µs. With exclusive features, Acti 9 iPF K & iPRD DIN rail Type 2 Surge Protection Devices are geared to protect your equipments from indirect lightning strikes and improve the continuity of service.
- Certified for short-circuit current withstand, Isc, up to 50 kA (IEC 61643-11:2011)
- Maximum discharge current: 8 to 65 kA
- Maximum continuous operating voltage, Uc = 340 V or 460 V
- Suitable for any earthing system: TT, TN-S, TN-C and IT
- Available either as monobloc or with pluggable cartridges
- Multiple-pole or single-pole products for assembly
- Contacts for the remote transfer of end-of-life information
- For more information click here
BenefitsImproved continuity of service and safety of your equipments thanks to:
- Class 2 insulation: continuous safety for operators and unqualified personnel
- VISI-TRIP™: quickly detects the defects of protection against the surges and reduces intervention time
- Certified back-up protection coordination with disconnecting circuit-breakers
- The robustness of the connections
- Remote monitoring of protection device state (option)
ApplicationsActi 9 iPF K & iPRD Type 2 Surge Protection Devices protect the electrical installations in all industrial and tertiary buildings against induced or conducted surges caused by indirect lightning strikes.
These Type 2 Surge Protection Devices can be used also for the protection of residential installations:
- In every new house without a lightning rod (primary protection) it is now mandatory to install in the electrical switchboard a Type 2 Surge Protection Device to reach the IEC 61643-11: 2011 standard
- In a building with a height greater than 10 meters, with several dwellings, if a Type 1 surge arrester is installed in the main electrical switchboard, a Type 2 surge arrester must also be installed at the head of each divisional switchboards in order to distribute the constraints
- This complementarity of the protections is mandatory to meet the IEC 61643-11:2011 standard.