Application Engineer - BaaN ERP
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Member of an international organization, the application support is responsible for the global performance of the support to one application ("support" to be understood as a whole chain of people from the helpdesk to the few experts of the application).
What do you get to do in this position?
1. BaaN Application operation & User support
- Accountable for deployment & maintenance of an homogeneous and high level competence of the support teams
- Defines relevant Service Level Agreements for the activity of support to the users of the application
- Act as an escalation point and contibute to solve users issues
- Ensure an efficient relationship with partners, stakeholders and other teams of the organization, to address technical issues
- Formalize and communicate all procedures related to application's operation (FAQs, Best practices, …)
2. Maintenance & Application deployment
- Provide technical support to deployment projects
- Clarifies business needs and requirements expressed by Super Users or Key Users
- Perform a first validation of request (look for alternative solution)
- Promotes re-uses of existing solution
- Document process and solution, development of FAQs, procedures,…
3. BaaN ERP Process Support:
- Support business processes within BaaN ERP (Manufacturing, logictics, finance, etc.)
- Provide functional and technical support to business teams.
- Develop and maintain reports. Technologies: Crystal Reports 10, WebFocus ETL/DevStudio/ReportCaster, MS SQL
4. EDI Support
This job might be for you if:
- Baan V ERP experience
- Proven programming, technical and problem-solving skills
- Relational Database experience: DB2, SQL
- ETL(Enhance, Transform, and Load), data integration/extraction experience
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Crystal Reports 10, WebFocus ETL/DevStudio/ReportCaster, MS SQL
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (IE. Word, Excel)
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.