Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Are you looking for a new opportunity to grow your career with a dynamic company? We have an opening as a Methods & Maintenance Manager in Lincoln, NE where you will have the opportunity to cultivate a work environment that promotes safety, team work/collaboration, as well as quality and on time delivery.
Functions as a key member of the team that direct and monitor preventive and corrective maintenance, tooling and repair activities so that the organization’s equipment and tooling operate reliably. The essential functions of this role include but are not limited to:
- Develop culture of workplace safety as the priority in all cases of daily work routines for all team members.
- Develop team members' competency through training, coaching, communication and performance management.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities through product/process performance metrics
- Manage the site’s capital plan, replenishment of maintenance crib supplies and budget for equipment
- Ensure all maintenance procedures and inspections are in place and being executed effectively.
- Prioritize maintenance and repair of equipment to reduce impacts on manufacturing
- Manage installations of new equipment and integration into preventative maintenance programs.
- Allocate workload and supervise the maintenance staff
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary
- Monitor expenses and control the budget for maintenance
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
- Reduce costs year over year (DVC and MBC) by driving productivity and sustainability within the Maintenance and Automations groups.
- Plan, prioritize, schedule, and manage maintenance and tooling activities (for example planned maintenance programs, shut-downs, or emergency repairs) to rectify break-downs and malfunctions and minimize business disruptions.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline, industrial maintenance or equivalent degree.
- Strong people skills and the desire to grow teamwork and engagement.
- 5 years of experience in a lean manufacturing / continuous improvement environment.
- Must possess excellent analytical/problem solving abilities and good communication skills both written and oral.
- Previous exposure to lean manufacturing required
- Previous experience leading a group of individuals in a manufacturing environment.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.