Network Engineer - Cybersecurity and Integrated Services
In 2017 Schneider Electric was ranked in the Top 10 places to work in Australia and top 25 globally! We offer a flexible work environment enabling you to take control of how you get your work done. We are global specialists in energy management and automation and our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone at every moment.
Based in Macquarie Park, Sydney and reporting to a Service Delivery Manager, we have a great opportunity for a qualified and experienced Network and IT security Engineer to join us.
Working at multiple client sites across the Sydney metropolitan area and regional NSW, you will become part of a team that provides outstanding service and support to our clients. You will be required to work on - call on a rotating roster; weekend and out of hours work will be necessary.
The primary function of the role is to provide service and support to sites/contracts across the service portfolio, with a focus on Network maintenance, Cyber Security and applications containing 3rd party integrations.
- Routine and Reactive Network & IT maintenance to service sites as required.
- Create/update maintenance & testing procedure documents for critical IT /server infrastructure at key sites.
- Provide specialist advice to network architects
- Assist with the design and implementation of network security controls, network upgrades and configuration.
- Providing high level support for network related incidents as required.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to help identify and mitigate against perceived cyber security gaps.
- Lead implementation/ongoing support of integrated services across the suite of SE products and relevant 3rd party/industry protocols as required.
- Work closely with Projects team during Project handover/DLP and ensure shared knowledge is passed on to other service team members.
- Provide Technical support to Service Delivery Managers & Service technicians on IT and Integration related queries. (This includes attending/supporting at meetings where required.)
- Work with engineering and other specialists on innovations and remain up to date on emerging technologies related to our business.
- Work closely with clients to identify opportunity for integrated technologies and assist SDM’s / KAM’s to provide solution pricing etc.
- Take end to end ownership of Small Project Works and Solutions works on key sites as required.
The keys to your success are:
- Highly developed technical problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated understanding in providing network engineering services for the design, implementation, development, documentation, testing and maintenance of local and wide area networks advanced routing, switching and security skills, and experience in supporting large enterprise networks.
- Applied experience in cyber security.
- Demonstrated highly developed oral and written communications skills, including effectiveness in consultation, and communication with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience working on complex projects, providing network engineering design and implementation, while managing competing priorities with effective time management
- A valid Australian driver’s license
- Experience with BMS, Access control, CCTV and integrated control networks (preferred)
You are motivated and confident; you work equally well autonomously or as a member of a team; you prioritise your work and follow through to completion. Achieving results motivates you. With excellent communication skills, you build great relationships and are comfortable and confident in a customer facing role.
You are an innovative thinker who looks for new and improved ways to deliver exceptional service to your customers.
At Schneider Electric, we are open, we value differences, we listen, we learn, connect, and collaborate with others. We are proud to promote diversity, inclusion and work-life integration – we’re a great place to work and are continually striving to be the best place to work, join us and see how!
Australian Citizenship is an essential requirement as all applicants must have or be able to obtain and maintain NV1 security clearance to work on Australian Government sites. Documented evidence must be provided if selected for interview.
Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. If any candidates are submitted in an unsolicited manner, we will consider this as a direct candidate application to Schneider Electric and no fee will be payable.