Sr. Application Engineer
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
- Focusing on the deployment of Electrical Power Monitoring Systems (EPMS)
- Customer facing position and the successful candidate must work well in a team environment and will interface directly with contractors and end-users on a daily basis
- Responsibilities for this position include performing software installation and start-up services, troubleshooting equipment and device communications, and providing customer training for the commissioned system.
- Consulting with customers to determine system operation requirements
- Specifying and purchasing of hardware/software as required by project
- Installation and upgrading of EPMS software
- Configuring and commissioning Schneider Electric and 3rd party hardware
- Performing start-up services and system troubleshooting
- Providing training for commissioned systems
- Documenting the as-built system
- Travel up to 60% to customer sites is required. Majority of travel is domestic with occasional international opportunities.
This position requires presence at customer sites and as such, candidate must be able to obtain necessary clearance and/or credentials to travel abroad and comply with customer requirements for executing work on their site. The types of credentials that might be required, include but are not limited to, passports, Homeland Security clearance, background and credit checks, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering with emphasis on control systems, Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience related to Electrical Power Monitoring Systems; Building Automation Systems, Systems Integration, and/or Energy Management Systems
- Experience working around electrical equipment such as switchgear, generators, UPS systems, etc.
- Good understanding of industry standard communication protocols with an emphasis on Modbus, IEC 61850, and BACnet
- Knowledgeable in computer networking architectures, topologies, and hardware
- Knowledgeable in computer programming languages (Visual Basic, C/C++, Java, etc.), databases (SQL), and HTML development
- HMI configuration experience, including graphical screen development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a group setting, team oriented, self-motivated, and results driven
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret contract specifications and electrical drawing packages
- Stable work history
- Direct experience with Schneider Electric proprietary software such as Power Monitoring Expert, Power SCADA Expert and Wonderware
- Citect Certified Engineer (CCE)
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against disability.