Foxboro SCADA RTUs
Foxboro SCD2200 and Foxboro Evo SCD6000 — world-class RTUs providing SCADA remote communications for efficient, cost-effective process automation
Schneider Electric’s Foxboro SCD2200 and Foxboro Evo SCD6000 are world-class RTUs — providing SCADA remote communications for efficient, cost-effective process automation. Modular construction and advanced features offer fast, easy and reliable configuration and operation in demanding applications.
FeaturesSchneider Electric offers two primary remote terminal units (RTUs) for long-distance, high-integrity communications in process automation. Their modular construction and advanced features furnish fast, easy and reliable configuration and operation in demanding applications.
The Foxboro® SCD2200 is an advanced, modular RTU able to create multiply redundant communications and rack configurations. Designed for today’s measurement and control systems, it avoids technical constraints that traditionally limit RTU use. The SCD2200 provides advanced capabilities, IP connectivity and open programming for a broad range of remote measurement and control applications.
The Foxboro Evo™ SCD6000 is a multi-nodal RTU with advanced data integration, time synchronization and programming capabilities. Its primary slave interfaces are provided with DNP3 slave (TCP/IP and serial) and IEC 61850 client protocols. The SCD6000 IEC 61850 gateway uses these protocols to integrate with multiple remote master control centers.
Advanced configuration and programming environments help both units increase applications engineering productivity: Fox Station for the SCD6000, and FoxRTU Station for SCD2200 RTU systems.
- Faster design and configuration
- Reduced third-party integration issues
- Minimized project risk
- Easy installation
- High-reliability operation
- Smaller footprint
- Significant cost savings
- Easy expansion, upgrade and repair
- Oil and gas — including transportation and production, power-related gas turbine generation
- Power — including utilities, substation automation, grid networks, smart grid infrastructure development
- Fast, powerful, easy-to-use configuration environment
- Broad offering of proven hardware modules to reduce integration issues with third-party hardware while minimizing system design time and project risk
- Modular construction to adapt to individual site needs
- Advanced I/O capabilities for flexibility and cost savings
- Easy installation to provide battery charger control plus loop power and low power overhead
- Compact powered backplane for smaller, less costly range of I/O designs; smaller footprint; and common external power supply for multiple CPU systems
- Ability to expand, upgrade and repair systems without reengineering and recommissioning power systems
- Highly scalable I/O
- Application intelligence
- Highly reliable operation over wide temperature and electrical noise ranges