FeaturesThe APC SurgeArrest Home/Office series provides the premium level of surge protection for computers and other electronic devices in the event of large electrical surges. This line of surge protected power strips includes features such as phone line splitters to protect communication lines, USB outlets, and transformer block spacing allowing you to plug in equipment without blocking outlets. Typical applications for the Surge Arrest Home/Office series of power strips include professional PCs, televisions, gaming consoles, and printers.
- Phone Line Splitter - Allows use of two pieces of equipment at once, such as a modem and phone.
- Receptacle Shock Safety Shutters - Shutters protect users from accidental contact with unused outlets.
- Building Wiring Fault Indicator - This LED informs users of potentially dangerous wiring problems in the wall circuit.
- Adjustable Cable Management - Keeps cords and cables neat and organized.
- Transformer Block Spacing - Connect bulky transformer block plugs without covering up other outlets.
- 180 degree Rotating Cord Retainer - A 180-degree rotating cord with strain relief offers flexibility in positioning the SurgeArrest, and in routing the power cord.
- Protection working indicator - SurgeArrest will warn you if its circuitry has been damaged by heavy strike or power line surge and it is unable to provide 100% protection.
- Lightning and Surge Protection - To prevent damage to your equipment from electric power surges and spikes.
- Noise Filtering - Attenuates EMI/RFI line noise that can cause data errors and keyboard lockups, ensuring better performance of protected equipment.
- Data-line Protection - Protection of data lines (Ethernet, Coaxial and Phone lines) ensures complete protection of your equipment from surges. It is very important to protect your equipment from “back door” electric surges traveling through data lines, as they can be as damaging to your equipment as surges traveling over power lines.
- IEEE let-through ratings and regulatory agency compliance - APC surge protectors undergo stringent testing by IEEE, and are awarded "let-through ratings", which indicate the maximum voltage level that can possibly reach your equipment after a surge or voltage spike has passed through a surge protector. Lower IEEE let-through ratings indicate better protection and performance. The APC Essential SurgeArrest series offers optimal performance with a let-through rating of less than 330V for North American products, and a rating of less than 15% for products sold worldwide. All APC products comply with local agency safety requirements, including UL in North America and CE/Kema/Gost/C-tick/A-Tick/Telepermit in their respective regions.
- Catastrophic Event Protection - SurgeArrest components such as MOVs and Thermal fuse ensure instantaneous reaction to lightning strikes and wiring faults. If the surge components are damaged due to power spike or over voltage, excess power cannot reach your equipment. Unlike the APC SurgeArrest products, most surge suppressors continue to let power through even after circuits have been damaged, leaving your equipment exposed to other damaging surges.
- Overload Indicator - Indicator illuminates when connected equipment draws more power than unit’s capacity. To remedy the condition, unplug less vital equipment.
- Fail Safe Mode - Most other surge suppressors continue to let power through even after their circuits have been damaged, leaving your equipment exposed to future surges. APC's SurgeArrest fail safe, which means that once the circuit of an APC SurgeArrest has been compromised the unit disconnects equipment from the power supply ensuring that no damaging surges reach your equipment.
Professional-grade Electrical Surge Protection for Computers and Electronics
The world's only surge protector to incorporate removable cable guide and rotating cord retainer.