PresentationWater supply network control
WMS operational and business tools include:
- Energy Optimization - Operators can monitor power consumption in each pumping station and in other energy-intensive equipment.
- Demand Forecasting - Operators can balance water production and demand, using weather forecasts and consumption trends, and generate total system send-out for the current and subsequent delivery days.
- Leak Detection - This application identifies the presence of leaks in different areas of the network using several methods: real time mass/flow balance calculations; adaptable alarm management based on current network operations; minimum night flow periodic calculations; and automatic cross-check of real-time measured data against hydraulic simulated data.
- Water Quality Management - Optimize the treatment process, particularly chemical dosage control, by using water quality parameters acquired in real time at key points of the distribution network.
Water utilities are better able to manage:
- Water loss and related costs, through advanced leak detection techniques and water balance construction tools
- Energy consumption and efficiency, by optimizing pumping station equipment operation
- Supply requirements, based on real-time data, statistical analysis of consumption, and weather forecasts
- Water quality and regulatory compliance, possible with real-time information available for precise control
- Data accuracy and availability, with automated data collection, storage, and seamless interface with business systems such as the Maintenance Management System (MMS), Laboratory Information Management (LIM) system, and Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Emergency response, through intra-utility data transfer and inter-utility emergency event reporting
- Water Management Suite (WMS) includes dedicated applications to monitor and optimize the complete water supply system - from the source, through storage, treatment, and distribution, to the tap. Utilities use it to bridge operational activities and enterprise processes.
Schneider Electric is the global leader in software solutions for the water industry, offering proven experience in the water sector and vast expertise in systems integration capabilities. Our advanced solutions collect and analyze real-time data, compare with historical data as needed, and make vital information continuously available to all processes of the water agency or utility – from treatment operations and maintenance; to billing and customer service.
With network intelligence that enables automated operations and supports business decision making, the utility makes the most of its resources, optimizes efficiency and cost savings, and enhances service quality – all while complying with regulatory requirements. Schneider Electric is dedicated to helping the water utility achieve outstanding business performance levels while protecting our most valuable resource.