Discover Altivar Machine ATV320
About Altivar Machine ATV320With the booming demands from industrial users emerging from the digitization of their manufacturing process, OEMs need versatile industrial solutions which can be easily integrated into hybrid automation systems.
The Altivar™ Machine ATV320 represents safety, reliability, and simplicity. With our robust design standards and global certifications, ATV320 is a great solution that can help reduce installation costs and enhance machine performance. It also allows users to extend a machine's lifecycle in terms of installation and service.
Benefits of Altivar Machine ATV320Engineered for easy, cost-effective integration with various machine layouts and placement inside either cabinets or machine frames.
Advanced connectivityEnables integration with many of the most common Ethernet and serial-based communication networks, from EtherNet/IP to CANopen.
Robust designIEC 60721-3-3 class 3C3 coated printed circuit boards to extend availability in harsh environments, for example at ambient temperatures of up to 60°C without the need for additional cooling.
Embedded safetySafety Torque Off and four more functions for full safety monitoring. Simplify machine certification process and ensure compliance with Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC.
How to set basic parameters
How to configure Start/Stop
How to set up speed
Altivar Machine ATV320The Altivar Machine ATV320 variable speed drive, designed to be OEMs’ go-to choice for drives in simple and complex machines from 0.18 to 15 kW (0.25 to 20 hp).
Choose your styleWith the new Harmony and Altivar 320 IP66/65, you can improve the design of your machine and optimize your operator interface. Discover the customization possibilities in different variable speed drives applications.
• Power range: 0.18 to 15 kW (0.25 to 20 hp)
• Voltage range: 200 V to 690 V
• Operating ambient temperature: -15 to 50 °C (without derating); 50 to 60 °C (with derating factor)
• Protection degrees (IP/Nema): IP21/66/65, UL type 1, UL type 4X
Sync., Async, PM, BLDC
Motor control loop:
Open loop (torque and speed)
Motor control method:
• Sensorless vector control
• Standard V/F
• V/F 5 points
• Synchronous motor
• Variable torque for fan/pump
• Energy-saving mode Hermetically sealed relays (782H) for hazardous locations.
• STO: Safe Torque Off
• SLS: Safely Limited Speed
• SS1: Safe Stop 1
• SMS: Safe Maximum Speed
• GDL: Guard Door Locking
• Embedded: Modbus RJ45 and CANopen RJ45
• Options: Ethernet IP and Modbus TCP, CANopen RJ45 Daisy chain, Sub-D and screw terminals, PROFINET, Profibus DP V1, EtherCAT, DeviceNet and PowerLink
• 5 easy macros (start/stop, handling, hoisting, general use, PID regulation, communication bus)
• PLC integrated
• 16 preset speeds
• Multiple parameter settings via parameter set switching
• External fan-less design, 50°C without derating below
• 3 analog inputs, VSD can act as a signal monitor
• DC injection for fast stop
• Common DC bus with ATVRegen
• Jog operation
• PID for fan, pump
• Positioning by limit switches or sensors
• 4 sets for parameter set switching
• Automatic restart
• PM motor open loop
Altivar Machine ATV320 success stories
Adaptability that deliversWith the flexibility of EcoStruxure and IoT-enabled solutions, UPS and Schneider Electric improved warehouse efficiency to enable the processing of 104,000 packages per hour.
Altivar Machine ATV320
Smart variable speed drive from 0.18 to 15kW (0.25 to 20Hp)
Altivar Machine ATV320, a variable speed drive designed for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) that meets simple and advanced application requirements for 3 Phase synchronous and asynchronous motors from 0.18 to 15 kW (0.25 to 20 Hp).