Discover Altivar Machine ATV340
About Altivar Machine ATV340The Altivar Machine ATV340 drive is robust for high overloads, offering safety, various communication protocols, and cutting-edge motor control solution for machine builders.
Traditional machine design is challenged by the smart manufacturing approach. Changing times require innovative features such as the native Ethernet-based fast device replacement. It gives machine operators a seamless service approach. The embedded encoder is compatible with asynchronous and synchronous motors in closed-loop control applications and the load-sharing primary/secondary configuration makes ATV340 a SMART manufacturing success.
Benefits of Altivar Machine ATV340With optimized speed bandwidth up to 400 Hz, the Altivar Machine ATV340 is designed for dynamic applications that may require faster acceleration or settling time.
People and assets protectionCompliant with machine safety and cybersecurity standards to protect your people and assets.
Robust designDesigned to fulfil application requirements for harsh environments. Compliant with IEC60721-3-3 Class 3C3 and 3S3.
Fast machine recoveryAltivar Machine ATV340 keeps your machine up and running with minimal downtime.
How to set up Altivar ATV340
How to set up fault reset on Altivar ATV340
How to set fast device replacement (FDR) in Altivar ATV340
Altivar Machine ATV340Altivar Machine 340 drives delivering higher quality machines with reduced build costs and helping you stay on top of the Smart Machine era.
Adaptive Cascade Vector ControlDiscover Adaptive Cascade Vector Control (ACVC) — a brand new motor control law supporting Altivar Process and Machine range.
• Power range: 0.75 to 75 kW (01 to 100 hp)
• Voltage range: 380 V to 480 V
• Operating ambient temperature: -15...50 °C (without derating); 50...60 °C (with derating factor)
• Protection degrees (IP/Nema): P20/21 UL type 1
Sync, Async, PM, Reluctance
Motor control loop:
Open loop and close loop (torque and speed)
Motor control method:
• Adaptive Cascade Vector Control — ACVC
• Sensorless vector control
• Standard V/F
• V/F 5 points
• Synchronous motor
• Variable torque for fan/pump
• Energy-saving mode
• STO: Safe Torque Off
• SLS: Safely Limited Speed
• SS1: Safe Stop 1
• SMS: Safe Maximum Speed
• SBC: Safe Brake Control
• GDL: Guard Door Locking
• Embedded: Ethernet, Modbus, SERCOS
• Options: Ethernet IP, Modbus TCP, CANopen (RJ45 Daisy chain, Sub-D, screw terminals), PROFINET, Profibus DP V1, EtherCAT, DeviceNet, PowerLink
• WebServer — DHCP with native EtherNet
• Fast Device Replacement
• Energy monitoring with current sensor
• Independent 24 V supply to control block, no loss on the data
• Common DC bus with ATVRegen
• Overload 1.8 ln for 2 s
• 220% nominal torque for 2 s
• 1 ms task cycle
• Achilles L2 cyber-security
• It allows an additional 40% of rated current taking motor power to 130 kW
• Load sharing
• High-speed hoisting
• Brake logic control
• Rope slack handling
• DC injection for fast stop
• Jog operation
• 16 preset speeds
• IGBT monitoring
• Adaptive Cascade Vector Control - ACVC
Altivar Machine ATV340
IoT-ready variable speed drives for safety and heavy duty applications from 0.75 to 75kW (1 to 100Hp)
Altivar Machine ATV340, a variable speed drive designed for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) that engineer high performance applications for 3 phase motors with or without sensor from 0.75 to 75 kW (1 to 100Hp).