HR Manager (Chino/Costa Mesa, CA)
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a HR Manager in our Chino/Costa Mesa CA manufacturing facility & Logistics Center location.
The HR Manager position works in partnership with the local management team in leading HR processes including total rewards, talent management, performance management, employee engagement, wellness, learning, organizational efficiency and employee relations. The HRBP will support one manufacturing operation as part of the Global Supply Chain (GSC) scope and one Logistic Distribution Center. These are non-union manufacturing facilities with a combined employee base of approximately 250 employees. The HR Manager has to be present on 2 sites, according to a schedule aligned with the business leaders.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Define the Entity’s talent strategy, supporting the identification and assessment of the best talent
- Champion Talent management philosophy/practices
- Build a well-functioning, diverse team able to lead and support business growth and whose members create their own succession pipeline.
- Coach the leadership team, provide advice and support on all related HR matters
- Adapt and anticipate manpower planning upon business needs
- Support organizational design to respond to changing business needs
- Contribute to design and organization development initiatives (skills, resources, processes) aligned with business and company strategies
- Participate in improvement and innovation efforts through ownership and management of the “People” aspect of the Schneider Production System (SPS) in the manufacturing environment.
CULTURE AND CHANGE ENABLER:
- Ensure deployment of SE People Strategy transformations; Leadership, Talent, Wellbeing, Learning, Diversity & Inclusion, and High Performance.
- Drive People engagement
- Support specific Entities transformations
HR OPERATIONAL FACILITATOR:
- Facilitate HR processes (performance management, development planning, salary review) in close cooperation with operational leaders
- Insure that HR policies and leadership practices are implemented consistently
- Work in partnership with the HR Shared Services and HR experts (recruitment, compensation & benefits) to execute various HR activities
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Management or other related discipline from recognized accredited University with 3-5+ years of progressive experience
- Deep California Labor Law knowledge and experience
- Previous work in a manufacturing environment and enjoy partnering with line and unit managers.
- Progressive experience as a HR Generalist, essentially have the ability to understand company's business performance and identify critical HR success factors; covering organization development and learning, compensation and rewards, talent management, and managing industrial relations.
- Customer orientation is priority to you. Your ability to lead and influence change and to drive organizational effectiveness are vital to your success
- Strong leadership skills: collaboration, communication, influence, drive for results, effective planning / prioritization, project management
- Strong verbal / presentation and written communications skills working in a manufacturing setting.
- Strong computer proficiency including Microsoft Office suite, TL, Taleo and Oracle applications.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401K plus match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.