Manager, Project Procurement
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Manager, Procurement Management in our Dollard-des-Ormeaux, QC location.
The Manager, Project Procurement oversees the Management Operating System for the Canadian Project Procurement Productivity KPI’s. This position leads all the performance KPI’s and the processes related to them. This position facilitates the interactions between the tendering, engineering and other cross-functional stakeholders, to maintain best in class performance. He/She is recognized as a Procurement professional.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Purchasing Performance
- Maintain and track performance dashboard; responsible for the consolidated Regional performance
- Deploy procurement& non procurement levers to drive cost savings and performance improvement
- Deploy and Trace Global Project Procurement initiatives at a country level by identifying key stakeholders and internal sponsors.
- Formulate cross functional levers for Supplier performance, innovation, and sustainable growth with key stakeholder validation.
- Share Strategy, best practices with the organization.
- Project and Management
- Support Execution and Proposal Teams in ongoing projects/opportunities by providing strategical insight about vendor behavior and impact.
- Define Vendor Management strategies that may allow for measurement of vendor performance, executional impact and strategical role in Key Opportunities.
- Identification and mitigation of risks directly involving strategic vendors through the pre-sales and execution stages.
- Sourcing, standardization, spend control and innovation with suppliers.
- Leverage cross functional expertise to implement cost models, qualify suppliers, and consolidate the supply base
- Support other buyers in their consolidated negotiations and supplier management actions
- Processes and Tools
- Develop and implement tools and process to enable digital collaboration.
- - Automate and Digitize repetitive task to improve regional efficiency
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
EDUCATION – MINIMUM REQUIRED
• 4 years education in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or Engineering
• MBA, Masters degree in International Business / Engineering / Supply Chain or equivalent is a plus
EXPERIENCE – MINIMUM REQUIRED
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a purchasing team of a Multinational corporation
• Strong experience in leadership and process development
- EPC background a plus
• PERFORMANCE CRITERIA
• Annual Productivity (cost reductions) over spend in scope
• Develop a strong pipeline of productivity to be implemented/captured
• Supplier quality
• Supplier delivery performance
• Contractual coverage
• Innovation coming from suppliers
• Shift spend to appropriate cost-effective global regions
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS 1 - REQUIRED
• At least 5 years of experience in Project Procurement
• Spoken and written fluent communication in French and English
• At ease with IT tools
• Project Management
• ERP knowledge(SAP)
• Purchasing processes
• Leadership skills
• Strategic thinking
• Cross cultural awareness
• Remote management
• Capability of handling multiple and conflicting priorities and effectively prioritize tasks in a fast-paced work environment
• Communication (Written - ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner internally as well as externally)
• Problem solving and analytical skills
• Intermediate financial Theory
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, lucrative group pension plan, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/ca/careers.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.