Marketing & Communications Manager
Schneider Electric™ is the most sustainable company in the world – and we seek like-minded, passionate people that share our values of Meaning, Inclusion, and Empowerment to join our team. Our Sustainable Business Division is a leader in the development and delivery of strategic solutions to address climate action, including sustainability and ESG consulting, data and resource management, enterprise efficiency, renewable energy procurement, and supply chain decarbonization. Learn more: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
The Marketing & Communications Manager is a strategic thinker, utility player, and skilled collaborator, who will play a major role in managing, planning and executing various projects, marketing campaigns, and client communication engagements for the Sustainable Business Division (SBD), including supporting the development and growth of the Communications Services offer under the SBD umbrella.
This position will require a highly versatile, infinitely creative, and wickedly smart team player who is comfortable pivoting on a dime to managing multiple projects at once while working with both internal and external stakeholders at every organizational level. This individual will initiate and drive marketing and communications projects ranging from developing and delivering exceptional quality assets to clients to planning go-to-market strategies and activities through the marketing and sales funnel. The individual will partner closely with sales, client management, operational, and marketing teams to drive value-added activities including thought leadership, marketing asset development, lead generation, sales enablement, and measurement of revenue generation/influence.
- Client Engagement: Think like a business owner to help drive rapid growth of new high-demand Communications Services offer. Engage with the top brands in the world to help tell their sustainability story, using our industry expertise to enhance their existing marketing reach. Develop and track client pipeline and revenue reporting. Support client scoping and contracting process with sales teams. Engage in client project management and delivery to the satisfaction of the client and client manager (projects may include, but are not limited to, press/media engagement, executive talking points, scriptwriting, video and creative asset development, ESG/investor reporting, program development and launch, and strategy development). Provide strategic counsel on the topics of energy, sustainability, renewable energy, social, and climate positioning, messaging, claims, goals, and communication strategies.
- Program/Project Development and Execution: Serve as a “Swiss army knife” to lead MarCom projects across the SBD organization. Help build compelling and specific value propositions, offers, and messaging for a busines in strong growth mode. Understand customer and sales needs and requirements to position current and future offers to address customer pain points, promote brand awareness, and drive demand generation. Create effective, compelling tools and assets (including slideware) for use by internal and external stakeholders. Manage all aspects of marketing projects and marketing activity. Be flexible and agile enough to quickly pivot tactics, as required, to drive greater results and impact for the business.
- Measurement and Insights: Apply a test and learn approach to all marketing activity. Analyze existing data and historical trends in order to understand what is working best, and work with stakeholders on what to change, using campaign-specific analytics and insights, audience segmentation, and multi-channel tracking to drive desired customer behavior.
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Constant interaction with internal/external stakeholders to ensure prompt/flawless execution of all activity. Create detailed multi-quarter marketing roadmaps for critical launches and campaigns, and coordinate deployment with other marketing team members.
- College or university degree, and 7-10 years’ experience desired. For an exceptional candidate, 5-7 years' progressive experience, with specific experience in either energy or sustainability industries will be considered. Experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Candidates with specific experience and knowledge of sustainability/renewable energy communications, climate action, and/or ESG reporting with a track record of delivering high value to customers will be given priority consideration.
- Demonstrated ability to drive digital campaign and asset development and creation, including go-to-market strategies, synthesis of complex topics, creation of compelling value propositions and sales/communication tools. Writing, design work, and presentation samples must be provided.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) with advanced skill in PowerPoint.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere); Wordpress and/or HTML skills desirable.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills. Demonstrated experience working with and influencing wide range of corporate stakeholders, up to and including C-suite.
- Strong project and client management skills, with experience using workflow management and collaboration platforms like Box, Monday.com, and Teams.
- Experience/comfort working in fast-paced, demanding, and fully-remote environment while successfully engaging and managing stakeholders virtually.
- Personal qualities such as: initiative, ownership, accountability, drive/passion, perseverance, persuasion, cooperation, relationship building, attention to detail and timelines, reliability, intellectual and emotional intelligence, innovative thinking/problem solving, and curiosity.