Electronics Hardware Engineer
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
The Motor Protection Electronics Engineer is responsible for providing design ownership and technical leadership of Schneider Electric’s advanced electronic motor protection and control relay offer. This position resides within the Continuous Engineering team for the Switching and Control Line of Business, Partner Business Unit. Specific duties will include leading the technical root cause assessment and resolution of customer product issues, leading product adaptation projects, and providing input and support to new product development teams on customer technical needs. This position will interface directly with global end customers, multi-discipline new product development teams, manufacturing teams, marketing, and quality.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Lead and influence the global team as the technical authority for our advanced electronic motor overload, protection and breaker offers
- Evaluate, determine root cause, and resolve customer technical issues across all regions
- Lead the technical resolution team: coordinate work with firmware and systems engineers and collaborate with cross functional teams in Europe and Asia Pacific regions to resolve issues
- Maintain design control of the offer, advising and guiding on-site technical engineers (Technical Antennas) at manufacturing facilities
- Lead adaptation projects for the offer range. (product expansion, new features, component obsolescence, cost reduction, customer adaptation requests, standards compliance)
- Insure the safe performance of the offer using quality analysis tools such as FMEAs, FTAs, and formalized Schneider Electric safety processes.
- Support new offer development projects by bringing customer experience and product application knowledge to the team and influencing product specifications and validation plans.
Qualifications - External
This job might be for you if:
- BSEE Degree (MSEE or dual EE and Computer Engineering a plus)
- Minimum of 5 years experience- Ability to quickly build expert level knowledge of the offer, its internal electronic hardware and firmware designs, system applications, and fieldbus protocols.
- Working knowledge of embedded hardware systems (µP, FPGA, CPLD Memories, etc.
- Experience in EMC design principles, EMC design and testing including preventative approaches.
- Experience in design of electronics involving physical / communication protocols such as RS232/422/485, Modbus/TCP, EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT, CAN, DeviceNet, USB, SPE etc.
- Experience in analog circuits & digital logic circuits
- Ability to troubleshoot electronic designs
- Ability to perform functional verification & validation at product and system level
- Ability to lead an offer with global reach and work closely and cooperatively with cross functional teams
- Ability to lead technical resolutions and adaptation projects across multiple cultures and time zones
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to changing demands in order to resolve a customer major issue
- Strong understanding of good engineering principles and practices for hardware development and analysis.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.