Fabrication Associate I
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
1. POSITION SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for the forming, cutting, sharpening, piercing, welding and/or the painting of fabricated materials for the use in a final product.
2. SKILL (Education, Experience, Initiative and Ingenuity)
- Must be able to take and successfully pass an appropriate Work Keys assessment .
- 1-2 years experience in area assigned to (Painting, Welding, Fabrication)
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good understanding of basic shop math and measuring techniques.
- Expertise with basic hand tools, air tools, gages and torque wrenches.
3. EFFORT (Physical Demand, Mental or Visual Demand)
- Must have excellent natural or corrected vision.
- Job cannot be performed alternating sitting and standing.
- Requires ability to reach overhead, lift up to 35 pounds repeatedly, be on feet for long hours, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Must be capable of working independently using initiative and problems solving skills.
4. RESPONSIBILITY (Equipment or Process, Material or Product, Safety of Others, Work of Others)
- Responsible for own product quality, proper measuring techniques, and tool use and care.
- Evaluates and performs basic troubleshooting, and obtains support from supervision, and engineering as needed.
- May periodically provide input to supervision, engineering, and quality groups relative to product improvement.
- Establishes and maintains a safe and healthful working environment in accordance with OSHA requirements.
- Performs other tasks as may be requested to assure the effective and continuous utilization of assets.
- Read and understand moderately complex blueprints, wiring diagrams, bill of materials, and schematics.
- Forms, cuts, and pierces metal to form fabricated assembly units.
- Performs a variety of operation to include but not be limited to: Cutting, Piercing, Forming, etc.
- Utilizes a wide variety of hand tools, air tools, and measuring equipment.
- Operates moderately complex to very complex fabrication machinery, using digital/electronic controls.
- Responsible for movement of materials within the cabinet shop area.
- Operates complex to moderately complex paint spraying equipment.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals.
- Responsible for storage and care of chemicals.
- Mixes and prepares paint.
- Continuously loads and unloads parts.
- Performs moderately complex welding operations.
- Utilizes a variety of welding equipment, ensuring all safety measures are used.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures and performs work in a confined area.
- Moves parts in and out of Welding area.
5. JOB CONDITIONS (Working Conditions, Hazards)
- May use hazardous chemicals.
- Safety shoes and safety glasses are required.
- Hearing protection is required. Other specialized safety PPE such as face mask, gloves, apron, and clothing may also be required.
We know skills and competencies show up in and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against disability.