Regional Category Manager (FC, EAJ PAC)
The Regional Category Manager (RCM) belongs to the Global Category team in FC/RM Market organization. Under the direct management of his Regional Category Director (RCD), the RCM contributes in building the category strategy, updating it on a yearly basis, and deploying it in the Region he is responsible for. The RCM provides sourcing directions to his internal customers (plants and OCP teams operating in his geography) and ensures sourcing execution in his geographical scope. The RCM is accountable for the performance of the category he is in charge of for the Region he is covering. He manages and provides escalation support to plants and/or OCP teams with relevant strategic suppliers
Nomination & Reporting:
- The RCM Nomination will have to be co-validated between category RCD, and Market VP.
- The RCM hierarchically reports to the RCD
Lead Category Management
- · Participate in the category strategy: identify business needs & market evolution, prioritize cross functional levers for quality, innovation, performance and sustainable growth; define action plans.
- · Contribute to definition of the Supplier Orientation Chart and the list of K&C suppliers
- · Communicate and deploy the strategy, lead execution of the major action plans (negotiation, NEC sourcing, standardization, QVE, spend control, innovation with suppliers, supplier development...) in his/her perimeter
- · Track performance; is accountable for consolidated performance of the commodity (quality, innovation, Total Cost of Ownership, performance measured in P&L impact) in his/her perimeter
- · Animate Supplier leaders in the geographical zone. Directly manage strategic Suppliers, lead negotiation with them. Plan global business reviews and delegate the execution if needed. Assess supplier risk.
- · Support other buyers (OCP, regional buyers) in their negotiations and supplier management actions.
- · Contribute to capitalization of cross functional expertise and manage tools (cost model, selection guide), data (standardization short list), policies (make or buy)
- · Develop and maintain competencies of Supplier Leaders in his/her perimeter.
Lead Supplier Management
- Agrees on Supplier value proposal definition and multi-year deployment plan.
- Communicate Supplier strategy internally.
- Consolidate internal needs from Schneider entities (BUs and Operations) and define areas of business development opportunities with Supplier
- Lead Supplier performance and productivity objectives for all SE entities related
- Lead / support regular business reviews with the Supplier to monitor operational performance
- Organize regular management meetings with Supplier to monitor strategic plan deployment
- Manage the communication of all business awards (OCP and OFP) to Supplier, in full coordination with BUs and/or Operations and Category management.
- Point of Escalation, to fix major issues at OCP or OFP level to recover Customer satisfaction.
Lead Supplier Initiatives on a global basis
- Be accountable for Supplier performance on Productivity, Quality, On-time delivery, Competitiveness, Technical or Process Innovation, Planet & Society responsibility, Responsiveness.
- Be accountable for Supplier business development (€) including working closely with OCP teams
- Engage appropriate division & cross-functional Resources (ex. SQME / SSCME launching logistics or quality action plans where ever appropriate)
- Follow up Supplier load level (capacity) and investment plans (ex. Supplier rebalancing initiatives)
- Monitor (and communicate to SE entities) Supplier risk.
- Track and report elementary Supplier performance vs objectives from all Schneider entities
- Ensure the up-to-date ERP information in the countries including payment terms, Incoterm, currency.
- Ensure the up-to-date list of local purchasers in contact with the Supplier.
- With all organisations doing business with one of the Supplier locations to build contractual agreement as clear as possible and monitor performance
- With the Supplier Quality & Development teams to book resources and impulse/follow action plans
- Is a member of the Commodity Management team
- Can be asked to participate to OCP working sessions to influence Supplier selection and component rationalization
Performance criteria and evaluation:.
- Achievement over time of strategic value proposal development defined at the start of the strategic relationship set-up (e.g. formal kick-off)
- Global results of Category Supplier improvement initiatives on Productivity, Quality, On-time delivery, Competitiveness, Technical or Process Innovation, Planet & Society responsibility, Responsiveness
- Completion of Supplier global performance assessment (Purchasing, Quality, Supply Chain, Financial Risk) and implementation of corrective actions
- Annual settings of global Category targets
Quality of Supplier related information within Schneider Electric’s information system (SSP-SRM).