Senior Offer Project Quality Leader
Senior Offer Project Quality Leader
Support PA Systems Business Quality Management functions relating to product development and QA activities for DCS, Triconex, and Digital Transformation product lines that use 3rd party partners or commercial-off-the-shelf products. Work with cross-functional teams within the development framework to define, refine, and manage all processes needed for qualification and management of 3rd party products (hardware/firmware and software), to ensure compliance with quality and reliability requirements. Verify alignment with Schneider Electric directives for strategic initiatives regarding component risk management in design, application, and process; robustness; and product quality and safety control.
1. Act as the Customer's advocate by proactively identifying process gaps to ensure a positive experience with the finished product
2. Coach project teams to consistently follow development framework best practices to alleviate non-conformances early on in the development lifecycle
3. Promote Software Quality processes for agile/lean development and testing strategies
4. Advocate changes necessary to improve processes and monitor for sustainability
5. Engage with larger PQL community to share lessons learned and hone quality skills
- Develop quality plans for 3rd party product development projects. Each project has unique CTQs (Critical-to-Quality) requirements and it is the PQL's role to capture these requirements and validate they have been successfully completed. This includes monitoring Offer Quality failure rates and Manufacturing KPI metrics. During the project implementation, review and monitor key deliverables and activities, working closely with the Project Manager to stay on course and meet deadlines.
- Collaborate with Offer Quality Managers to ensure 3rd party supply / supplier issues are addressed. This includes hardware and software issues, with primary emphasis on software products. Participate on working project team for Problem Resolution and Part Evaluation issues that impact the Customer's level of confidence. This can also involve interacting with Supplier Quality Engineers, Supply Chain, and Procurement to understand key issues with lead time or defective parts. Interact with the supplier or 3rd party quality representative as necessary.
- Perform audits as requested for each stage gate in a timely manner. This involves auditing according to the approved Project Quality Plan, assessing the project process checklist and deliverables for accuracy, impact, and stakeholder approvals. Additionally provide backup support for other PQLs in the group.
- Analyze findings and non-conformances for the monthly PQL dashboard, complete with expected outcomes from the process owners for preventive/corrective actions. This analysis gives detailed information and improvement recommendations to the teams to prevent recurrence.
- Lead OQL/PQL bi-weekly meetings or actively participate in brainstorming sessions on a variety of topics/challenges. Document new or updated group procedures.
- Assist with Cost of Poor Quality (CoPQ) reporting. Collect monthly information from Offer Quality, Finance, and Delivery Operations for DCS, TRSS, and Triconex product lines to provide analyzed input for quarterly, year-end CoQP reports.
- Lead a Continuous Improvement or root cause analysis project for a clearly defined process failure. Promote a quality centric environment and champion quality activities that provide value-add and benefit to the company, particularly for software based products.
- Continuous learning and application of tools intended to support zero defect culture. There are also specific trainings for the PQL role, to keep up-to-date on core competencies and new development requirements.
- Engineering related degree or 4 years relevant experience in Quality Engineering / Quality Management
- Familiarity with software process models, agile development, and software test strategies
- ASQ supplier related certification a plus
- Certified 6 Sigma Black Belt a plus
- Minimum 10 of Quality experience
Skills / Knowledge
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organization
- Strong problem solving skills and experience leading root cause analysis or improvement projects
- Possesses specialized knowledge and technical expertise in principles, practices, and implementation of the Continuous Improvement methodology
- Has a broad understanding of product development processes and familiarity with systems integration, manufacturing, marketing, procurement and engineering functions
- Familiarity with software process models such as iterative planning, agile development, and software test strategies
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Easy adaptation to new tools / strong learning capability and self-motivator
Some travel may be required
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.