Business Development Manager, Drives Services – QLD & PNG
At Schneider, we believe access to energy is a basic human right. We empower all to make the most of their energy and resources, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment. We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. We combine world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. We are committed to unleash the infinite possibilities of an open, global, innovative community that is passionate about our Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
Our Field Service business provides 24/7 servicing for; hospitals, mining, utilities, data centres and just about everything in-between. The portfolio covers all main products from our Power Systems and Secure Power verticals including LV/MV switchgear, transformers, UPS’s, computer room air-conditioning, chillers and VSD’s. We enable owners, end-users and custodians to minimise breakdowns, increase reliability, efficiency and safety while reducing costs and simplifying operations.
Based in Brisbane and reporting to the National Sales Manager, this role will have ownership of the growth and expansion of Schneider’s Service business targeting the installed base of variable speed drives. Target customers will include; MMM, WWW Manufacturing & F&B industries. You will develop a tactical customer action plan to maximise the opportunities across the region with a focus on; start-up services, maintenance contracts, spare parts packages, on-demand services and modernization and upgrades for both Schneider’s install base as well as competitors.
Specific Selected Responsibilities will include:
- Adapt & communicate the value proposition of VSD services
- Maintain, develop and nurture relationships with a solution sales approach to end-users
- Assist in the management and pre-sales activities for field services opportunities
- Develop strategies for the various markets to build a sustainable service pipeline and growth in the VSD market
Specific Attributes and Skills Will Include:
- A skilled and passionate service sales professional with strong industry networks
- Expert analytical and problem-solving capabilities,
- Ability to engage with new and existing customers and to articulate our suite of innovative solutions
- Flair for generating cross-selling opportunities to achieve the Field Services growth targets
- Background with our industrial variable speed drives would be advantageous
- Qualified in a sales execution methodology (Miller Heiman, Value Selling or Revenue Storm)
- Track record of consistently meeting targets and objectives within a solution sales capacity
- Strong negotiation and client relationship management skills
At Schneider Electric your career will be meaningful, inclusive and you will be empowered. We expect that our employees put customers first, embrace different and act like owners. Our leaders are tasked with shaping our future, building the best teams and to use their judgement to deliver results. We’re a great place to work but we are continually striving to be the best place to work, join us and see how!
All applicants must have working rights in Australia at the time of application and will be required to provide documented evidence if selected for interview. Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. If any candidates are submitted in an unsolicited manner, we will consider this as a direct candidate application to Schneider Electric and no fee will be payable.