Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Engineering Intern in our Seneca, SC location.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Use 5S principles to optimize and assimilate assembly operator stations
- Determine and propose optimized work flows for assembly processes based on mix and volume changes
- Drive safety and productivity improvements by leveraging associate input thru the TIPS process
- Work with VSM team to implement safety and productivity projects
- Perform root cause analysis to top defects detected by quality inspections
- Drive improvements through Industrial solutions in compliance with the Schneider Production System (SPS) lean principles and conform to safety standards
- Research on the best available techniques to incorporate into the process, and calculate and improve manpower requirements and efficiency, methods, equipment and tools to optimize the manufacturability of products.
- Perform root cause analysis of situations and implement corrective actions
- Develops assembly processes and work instructions and trains workforce
- Monthly Reports consolidating the Quality KPIs for the group
- Providing training and support on key quality improvement tools such as 8D and FMEA
- Performing assessments of plant Quality Systems
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
· Currently enrolled in any engineering discipline
· Must be able to work a minimum of 10 hrs/wk
Candidates must be able to work Summer of 2021
The ideal candidate would preferably have:
· Proven leadership qualities and ability to facilitate conflicts.
· Self-motivated and self-directed with high sense of urgency.
· Solid work ethic - honors responsibility and commitment.
· Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
· Excellent communication and team collaboration skills (English language)
· Proven ability to achieve results
· Pursuing a BSIE, BSME, BSEE, or equivalent 4 year degree
*Local candidates preferred. Candidates must be available to work part time during the school year 10-17 hours per week
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.