Offer Manager, Pressure Instrumentation
As an Offer Manager, you will be the pivotal marketing role in the Process Instrumentation Business primarily for Level instruments (primarily Radar and Buoyancy) and will contribute to the expansion and development of Process Instrumentation offering in IoT Applications, globally.
With your experience in market segmentation, competitive strategy, product strategy and product development, you will drive the creation of new products from idea to market and will be accountable for defining, developing, launching, managing and phasing out the product lines in your portfolio. You will be expected to be visible in the Promotion of the managed product offer(s), Be known inside the company as the business driver for his/her product offer and develop marketing collaterals to promote the product ranges: offer presentations, leaflets, catalogues, sales memo, success stories, articles for external and internal editions etc.
You will collaborate closely with Program Management, Product Development, Engineering, Industrialization, Supply Chain and Commercial Teams to ensure the products in the roadmap are delivered to the feature and price specifications that each target market segment demands.
As the owner of your product lines, you are accountable for sales and profitability globally.
The position reports to the Director Offer Management.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Own and manage the entire life-cycle of the Instrument category.
- Develop a solid understanding of the Instrumentation business and growth opportunities in new segment opportunities as well as market structure, dynamics and trends across major geographies.
- Develop and maintain a solid understanding of competitors products: features, positioning, pricing, etc.
- Develop and execute the strategy and the associated road map for managed categories.
- Build and manage a pipeline of new growth opportunities and develop associated business cases.
- Develop business requirements for new products and enhancements to existing products; collaborate with R&D on functional specifications and feature prioritization.
- Monitor dashboard for managed categories (sales, profitability, etc.), engage with Countries to understand trends, and initiate and follow-up relevant actions.
- Develop and maintain the necessary marketing collaterals and technical documentation of your portfolio.
- Be in constant interaction with all stakeholders (Sales, Country Operational Marketing, Supply Chain) to ensure your offers are properly commercialized in targeted markets.
- Support Country Sales and Marketing teams, Channel Partners and the Division Commercial teams.
This job might be for you if:
- You have a Master's Degree in Business or a Technical field. An MBA would be a plus. Candidates with a Bachelor's degree, significant years of experience and an in-depth knowledge of Process Instrumentation knowledge may be considered.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in marketing, product development or related field.
- Experience in the Process instrumentation (Pressure) in Metals and Mining, Oil and Gas, Food and Beverage and Chemical industries, current and emerging sensing technologies would be a plus.
- Experience in developing and managing technology partners and external suppliers would be a plus.
- Ability to understand all aspects of the business (commercial, finance, supply chain, ...).
- Ability to synthesize market and customer feedback; comfortable with making tradeoffs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Teamworking and collaboration capabilities.
- Ability to influence stakeholders.
- Positive attitude.
- Proficiency in using productivity tools.
- Experience of working with different time zones (Europe, Middle-East and Asia).
- Ability to travel (20%).
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, lucrative group pension plan, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/ca/careers.
Visibility and Promotion of the managed product range(s)
- Be known inside the company as the business driver for his/her product range
- Develop marketing collaterals to promote the product ranges: offer presentations, leaflets, catalogues, sales memo, success stories, articles for external and internal editions etc.
- Animate sales teams for related products by providing full information on competitive advantages, value proposition, etc.
- We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
- Use Action Verb to start sentence