Sr Category Buyer
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
The Procurement Manager is in charge of developing and executing commodity strategy for assigned commodities, support all manufacturing locations within the North America region for the products in scope, solve the need of the business and manage key suppliers. This position facilitates the interactions between the manufacturing clusters, cross-functional stakeholders, and purchasing to maintain and developing a panel of Best in Class suppliers in North America meeting current business requirements, future growth needs, technological evolutions, supply chain optimization, and achieve annual cost savings targets.
- Develop and execute commodity strategies for the Sheet Metal (K3) and Steel (A1) Category. Continuously enhance purchasing expertise and knowledge of the local and global market trends.
- Supplier Leadership: own the commercial relationship for key suppliers, serve as the point of contact for problem escalation, issue resolution, conduct Annual Business Reviews, and drive sustainable development among the supply base.
- Pursue systematic TCO reductions and value enhancements to drive cost savings and performance improvement.
- Track KPI's and deliver reports as assigned.
- Execute comprehensive RFQ process and support functional users in a timely manner.
- Identify and develop strategic supply sources.
- Sourcing, standardization, spend control and innovation with suppliers.
- Leverage cross functional expertise to implement cost models, qualify suppliers, drive part number rationalization, and consolidate the supply base
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if you fit the following requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, Business Administration or Mechanical/ Industrial Engineering.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Purchasing/ Procurement / Supply Chain.
- Spoken and written fluent communication in English.
- Project Management expertise.
- Negotiation skills.
- Purchasing skills (Cost, Supplier Management, Cost analysis, Market analysis, Tools...)
- Legal aspects, risk analysis, contracts setting.
- Financial aspects with good knowledge of Excel.
- Business knowledge and trade-off (Service Vs cost, Total Cost of Ownership).
- Quality and supply chain knowledge.
- Open minded & Results oriented.
- Leadership skills with able to influence.
- Strategic thinking & Cross-cultural awareness.
- Remote management & Communication (Written - ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner internally as well as externally).
- Ability to communicate, organize and work with Plant Top Management Team and purchasing people.
- Teamwork spirit & Problem solving, issue resolution and analytical skills.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.