- High thermal ratings for short-time use.
- Most instrument transformers are UL and cUL Recognized per Classification XODW2, File No. E100570.
- Manufactured according to rigid Square D quality control standards.
- Extremely wide range of ratios available.
- Wide range of window sizes from 1.13 inch (28 mm) to 8.13 inch (206 mm).
- Applicable standards are ANSI C57.13 and CSA C13.
- Models feature strong, molded thermo-plastic cases.
- Molded plastic core jacket ensures rugged core-to-winding insulation.
- Low energy loss, grain-oriented silicon steel annealed for optimum magnetic qualities.
- Most models feature permanent polarity marks molded into the case and large, easy to read ratios are clearly marked on the case.
- Rugged, corrosion-resistant mounting brackets are available as options.
- Most ratings are available from stock.
Instrument transformers are ideally suited in applications that include:
- Switchgear assemblies
- Motor controllers
- Over power transformer bushings
- Over circuit breaker bushings
- Current sensing