EcoStruxure™ Power Automation System Engineering – EPAS-E (formerly EcoStruxure Grid Engineering Advisor ) is a software platform for power application modeling.
Today, IEC 61850 is a powerful standard that is bringing a revolution in the way we design, configure, and maintain power automation control systems, helping you choose the best products from different vendors that fit all your application needs.
It can help you:
- Avoid choosing the wrong product during the procurement phase
- Avoid non-quality costs due to incomplete requirements
- Avoid interoperability issues
- Reduce delivery time
- Standardize your applications and reuse
- Harmonize data models to make maintenance much easier in a multivendor environment
It can integrate products compliant with Ed1, Ed2, and Ed2.1 from any vendor while supporting mapping to protocols like Modbus & IEC104.
From specification to configuration… its capabilities… comprehensive!
Easy to use & reuse
- Hide complexity of the standards
- Intuitive graphical user interface
- Better quality & lower technical risks
- Lower projects delivery time & technical risks
- Top-down engineering for efficiency
- Standardize and share knowledge across an organization
- Improve security of operations and maintenance
- Make maintenance and operations easier
- Help reduce the total cost of ownership on electrical installations by up to 25%
- Open system design compliant with IEC61850 Ed1/ Ed2 / mixed
- Focus on system requirements, independently of device(s)/vendor choice - Virtual IED to real IED transformatio
- Support mappings of IEC61850 with Modbus & IEC104
- Application design decoupled from vendor devices
- Communication configuration generated from design
- Re-use the same application design over different devices
- Advanced template management
EcoStruxure™ Power Automation System Engineering
IEC 61850-based system specification & system configuration tool
Power Automation System specification and configuration tool to design and configure a multi-vendor protection automation & control system that is compliant with IEC 61850 standard, with a focus on application standardization & engineering efficiency.