Cloud Engineer/Software Engineer - AWS
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Are you a passionate Cloud Native Engineer who has delivered systems in a fast-paced agile environment? Here at Schneider Electric, we are transforming our Business with Machine Learning leveraging the most advanced cloud-native solutions on the planet! Want to be a part of it? If you are about solving exciting problems and shaping the future of technology, we would love to talk with you.
The AI & Automation team in Schneider Digital is looking for a top-notch Cloud Engineer in a technical development role as part of the data science team. The goal is to design and develop cloud solutions & architectures that support machine learning and AI initiatives. The Cloud Engineer will work in cloud related development, automation, DevOps, data engineering, automating and streamlining Cloud infrastructure processes and tasks.
If you're excited by defining the future of cloud computing and want to help lead from the innovative edge, we guarantee that your work in our team will be ground-breaking and challenging. This role will also provide immense opportunity for the candidate to develop data science & Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning skills.
What do you get to do in this position?
Create, maintain, and evolve an AWS cloud infrastructure for ML applications
· Work in tandem with our Engineering team to design, develop, and deploy the most optimal cloud-based solutions for machine learning & AI applications
· Recommend and develop ETL/ Lambda/ Step functions to enable scalability, and optimization of Cloud Infrastructure
· Collaborate with colleagues to support and improve architecture, systems, processes, standards, and data engineering tools
· Participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, and high availability in the cloud
· Write and maintain code for automating the creation of scalable/resilient systems/infrastructure
· Define and document best practices and strategies regarding cloud application deployment
· Educate/mentor data scientists and teams on best practices for Cloud
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, math, or related quantitative field, or equivalent experience
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and problem solving
- 5+ years of experience architecting, designing, developing, and implementing cloud solutions on AWS platforms
- Expertise with AWS services, including Lambda, Step functions, IAM, EC2, ELB, RDS, DynamoDB, S3, Redshift, & CloudWatch
- Experience managing and supporting Docker, Kubernetes, Spark, Dask, Flask, CI/CD services
- Strong Python, SQL skills a must
- Familiarity with databases like MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, NoSQL, etc. is desirable
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, a culture of wellness, and more great benefits above and beyond a typical employer. Click to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/mx/carreras
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.