Pricing Consultant | Operations Business Process Owner – Pricing
Mission: Create Global Pricing Process maps for Country/ Operations Price waterfall Management. Leverage Digitization to create sustainable implementation of the pricing processes to ensure seamless and stable functioning of critical business processes.
• Develop Global Guidelines on Pricing Processes related to different elements of Pricing Waterfall - List price Management - Standard Discount Management - Special Price Agreement Management - Off Invoice Discount Management - Year End Bonus and Rebates Management - Sell out Management (Pricing related)
• Enable Implementation of Pricing Processes in Countries – harmonized and aligned to Global Guidelines
• Support Pricing System Assessments – Assessment design, conduct, and find gaps on Process improvements.
• Process Owner will be given responsibility of supporting process transformation project in certain countries – with active projects as part of deployment roadmap.
• Process Owner will also support Pricing tool implementation project as subject matter experts during live project to guide country project managers and other internal and external teams supporting the project deployment.
• Drive continuous improvement of the processes with the help of optimization experts
• Active trainer on Pricing Topics, lead pricing trainings in countries, teams assigned by Training leader in Global Pricing team • Support tool implementation and adoption (Peer Pricing, List Price Optimization, Price Fx, data products….),
Thought leadership on new pricing models, pricing processes, deployment technics, change management, creating the big picture between strategy and pricing o With the business and pricing experience, pioneer into new analytics technics such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and put these technics to the use of price optimization
In this role, the Process Owner interacts with BUs, countries and zones at various level of management.
Desired Candidate Profile:
• An overall experience of 10 Years and a minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience in Pricing Management.
• Education: Bachelor / Masters degrees in Business / Marketing or its equivalent
• Transversal (Cross BU, Cross Function) Work Experience is desired
• Working knowledge of MS Office Tools (Power point, Word, excel)
• Prior experience of working on a tool deployment project will be desirable (but not limiting)
Critical Working Qualities
• Deal with Complexity – Ability to understand, and comprehend complex business problems related to pricing, and devise simple implementable solutions
• Stakeholder Management: Ability to influence various stakeholders, build alignment, will be key to successful process deployment. Managing diverse Stakeholders- from multiple functions, as well as varied seniority levels. Ability to influence & convince, and foster cooperation in matrix and dynamic environment.
• Innovative Problem Solving: complex problems need out of the box thinking, adjusting with diversity, but still alignment with core principles, guidelines. Need to think on your feet. Entrepreneur and experimentation spirit.
• Exceptional Communication Skills- Very Important part of the job is change management while working with different countries. Hence high proficiency in communication skills is a must.
Skills and behaviors:
• Passionate and savvy about digital and understand newest technological trends and shifts and their potential impact on business
• Self-motivated and strong persistency to bring vision to operation model
• Mature individual comfortable in working without formal organizational reporting perimeter
• Good command of spoken and written English. Computer literate and presentation skills.
• Multi-tasking ability – handling more than 1-2 projects and workstreams will be common
• Flexibility to work in multi-time zone environment
• Open to Travel – complex topics, kick-off meeting, stakeholder management, and change management involved will demand frequent travel due to nature of work
• Support new content creation for training and employee development
• Participation in internal and external pricing events
• CPP – already a Certified pricing expert – or open to taking this certification course within 6-8 months post joining this profile.