Process Engineering Co-Op (summer - 4 months)
Process Engineer Coop (4 months starting May)
GSC Electronics Victoria Plant
As a Process Engineer Co-op you will develop and improve our production processes with the main focus on efficiency and process robustness – applying LEAN methods like Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, single piece flow etc. You will be part of our diverse Manufacturing Engineering group which supports the production team in process control and automation.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Analyze and document/map the current state of the production areas (VSM)
- Identify problems with equipment operations, processes, and bottlenecks
- Prepare and implement future state plan for production lines with suggested improvements.
- Work with the Manufacturing and Quality Team as required and propose/implement solutions for continuous improvement
- Support quality control to ensure products and processes are meeting specifications
This job might be for you if:
- You are pursuing an Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering degree (or equivalent)
- You are interested in working in an efficient and robust production environment
- You are curious about Lean Manufacturing and process control
- You want to drive change and continuous improvement
- You are familiar with / interested in LEAN and Quality techniques/tools like Value Stream Mapping, FMEA, Kaizen, etc.
- You are willing to take ownership and manage improvement projects
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.