Project Manager I - Construction, Energy Performance Contracting
As a Project Manager I you get to be responsible for achieving the project’s objectives. You'll work closely with the Project Executive, Project Sponsor and Project Management Team to define the project objectives, create a plan and for and executing the plan to achieve those objectives. The Project Manager has a working knowledge of the technical and organizational environments in which the project deliverable's are created and in which they will be used. You may also assist in the strategic planning for the department. The Project Manager must be an excellent communicator at all levels within the project environment, be proactive, exhibit strong leadership qualities, and be able to adapt to a dynamic and potentially geographically disbursed project environment.
For you to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
1. Responsible for meeting the scope, schedule, resource and budget commitments reflected in the Project Management Plan.
- Responsible for overall project (Gross Margin) profitability
- Obtains, organizes, and maintains all project contract documents
- Receive, organize, and review information from the salesperson or project development team
- Prepares project billing revenue forecasts and schedule of values
2. Lead the project management team in developing and managing the Project Management Plan within the constraints established and approved by the Project Sponsor.
- Obtain, organize, and maintain all project contract documents in accordance with Schneider Electric quality policy
- Coordinates project in accordance with contract documents and approved sales estimate
- Schedule and conduct all project construction meetings
- Material procurement
- Review and approve design, commissioning, and installation plans
3. Implement and enforce change control over project scope, schedule, resources, and budget.
4. Collaborate with functional managers and/or organizational management to obtain adequate resources with appropriate skills to staff the project team.
- Manages resources by planning, scheduling, and forecasting manpower and resource requirements
- Interview, hire, train, mentor, evaluate, and when necessary, terminate project personnel or make related recommendation in accordance with company policies
5. Manage the timely resolution of issues, including the escalation of issues that are outside of the project team’s scope of responsibility.
6. Continually identify and proactively manage project risks & issues, ensure execution of corrective action plans up to closure.
- Reviews and approves material and subcontract invoices for payment
- Prepares and delivers final project closure and documentation to customers and ensures final payment
- Management of and responsibility for project change order log
7. Monitor the project and report the project status to the management on a regular basis.
- Prepare and update project schedule and cost re-estimates on a routine basis
Medium projects, regional or global projects, high need for coordination, medium project team
9. Additional duties may be assigned.
10. Participate and contribute in subcontractor qualification
11. Participate and contribute in subcontractor bid solicitation process
12. Contribute in bid evaluation
13. Participate and contribute in subcontract negotiations
14. Contribute to oversight of all financial services associated with the construction contract.
This to include but not be limited to:
a. change order management, billings, forecasting, bonds, insurance, accounts
b. Payable and receivable process and project re-estimates / cost revisions.
6. Participate and contribute Backlog reviews
7. Participate and contribute in management of the project estimate from midterm to project close out
4 year college degree or technical degree
Six to Eight years related work experience.
The candidate will demonstrate a thorough knowledge of contracting and construction in Mechanical and Electrical field.
An understanding of ESCO, lower and higher Ed background, and experience leading/directing multiple projects will be a plus.
Understanding of and proficient in project management skill
Working knowledge of ISO requirements
Excellent time management and organization skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including thorough knowledge of MS Project
Financial acumen and understanding
Excellent customer service
Leadership skills: team building, empower and delegate authority, ability to build rapport and consensus
Thorough understanding of contract procedures and tactics
Advanced knowledge of contract law, codes, standards, and industry construction knowledge
Strong written and verbal communication skills