Project Procurement Leader (PPL)
The OCP Procurement Project Leader supports Product Development projects within the Offer Creation Process (OCP) securing an efficient supplier selection process.
He/she is an important actor for coordination of procurement activities between Procurement categories and Line of Business (LoB).
He/she supports the implementation of global / local procurement strategy suppliers which matches the LoB needs in terms of growth, technical challenges.
He/she is a strong team player in the Offer Creation Process, GSC, and the Schneider Electric Procurement community where he/she is recognized as an expert in his category and a specialist in supplier management.
- Lead the supplier selection process:
- Lead negotiation end to end starting from preparation up to the award of the business (including e-RFQ)
- Influence and Deploy commodity strategy, SoC, method (Should cost, e-sourcing template)
- Challenge & Influence SOC/Recommended choices: ensure that Commodity choices fit with Industry needs
- Provide inputs for the CSRM / SRIM analysis to the project team
- Responsible for Procurement activities within new product projects
- Contribute to the elaboration of the different Procurement deliverables
- Guide components & sub assembly selection with a procurement approach (Challenging the target cost, considering Total Cost of Ownership, Innovation, avoid single sourcing, promote standardization, supply chain flexibility, quality).
- Analyze and challenge the needs.
- Contribute to the achievement of OCP project targets (product cost, project cost, quality, and time-to-market) while respecting the procurement processes and strategy.
- Contribute to the make or buy decision
- Bring supplier market knowledge and innovation into projects.
- For major suppliers: participate to key supplier negotiation preparation and negotiation when relevant
- Challenge the specification, define PPEP and contract review.
- Education: Engineering bachelor’s degree, or business bachelor’s degree, master or MBA is a plus.
- Job Related Experience: Minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience in a Purchasing/Sourcing team of a Multinational corporation, Experience in procurement & Supplier management is mandatory. Experience in outsourced products / assembly processes is a plus.
- Business Understanding: Components supply chain experience and understanding, with Industrial product application experience will be a plus. Business acumen
- Others (e.g. language skills, technical skills):
- English Mandatory
- Multicultural experience
- Team player
- Digital Acumen