Quality Engineer, Senior - Industrial Automation
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Senior Offer Quality Engineer reports to the Offer Quality Manager and is responsible for Continuous Improvement projects and all analysis to drive measurable quality improvements and leading the organization through Customer Focused Continuous Improvement projects.
· Act as leader for analysis of key indicators of Foxboro DCS Offer product quality to drive measurable quality improvements
· Lead Continuous Improvement Teams involving cross functional team members
· Focus on driving quality improvement for hardware and software as measured through Field Failure Rates and Post Release Defects
· Provide Voice of Customer back in to the business to R&D and Offer Management
· Maintain Quality Management System to be compliant with ISO9001, conduct internal audits and provide updates to business leaders on opportunities for improvement.
· Collaborate cross functionally to establish proactive processes aimed to prevent defects from occurring
· Track, prioritize and respond to Customer requests for 8D reports and hardware engineering evaluation reports.
· Summarize monthly goal attainment for leadership
· Facilitate Business leaders understanding of the key customer concerns and resolution status in weekly Platform meeting.
· Interface and collaborate with cross functional stakeholders - GSC(Manufacturing) for the supply chain continuous improvement and R&D, GCS and Offer Management regarding product/SW/FW improvements.
· Support the Offer Quality Manager with any data analysis or reporting needs by acquiring, analyzing and reporting data, for monthly reviews and as needed for special studies
· Develop data analysis methods to support monthly/quarterly/annual KPI requirements and generate reports and forecasting to established standards with a bias towards automating processes where feasible
· As part of the Global CS&Q team, develop, look for ways to adopt best practices and automate processes for data analysis and reporting.
· Other duties may be assigned as needed
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related discipline
· Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt certification or equivalent is highly preferred
· Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Excel, Access, and SAP. Read/write and communicate in English
· ASQ certification in any of the following is a plus: CSSBB, CSSGB, CMQ/OE, CQE, CRE, CQA is preferred
· Minimum of 5 years of related experience
· Prior experience in one of the process industries we serve: Oil & Gas Processing, Chemical Processing, Water Processing, Power Generation, Pharmaceutical and Biological manufacturing is a big plus
Skills / Knowledge
· Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organization
· Strong problem solving skills and experience leading root cause analysis or improvement projects is highly preferred
· Strong design skills in Macros for MS Excel
· Strong database skills including developing queries, generating reports, and advanced analysis of data is required
· Working knowledge of SAP Queries is desired; experience in other databases is a plus
· Strong knowledge of data extraction in SAP is highly desired
· Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Work, PowerPoint, Access) including Pivot Table capability is required
· Knowledge in computer hardware and electronic assemblies is highly preferred
· Passionate about problem solving
· Persistence in data mining and other aspects of the job – demonstrates constancy of purpose and is undeterred by challenges
· Able to propose and implement automation in Excel
· Project management skills
· Detail oriented
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.