Senior Offer Manager - HVAC and Sensors
Schneider Electric's Energy
Management Business has a full time opportunity for a passionate individual to
assume the role of Senior Product Manager HVAC Control and Sensing
within our Sensors
and Room-Units Activity in Montreal,
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be the pivotal marketing role in the “Sensors and Room-Units” activity and will contribute to the development of Schneider Electric’s next generation of sensors, room operating units and thermostats for HVAC and for new IoT Applications, globally. You will be part of a global team with a significant presence in the US, Canada and China.
With your experience in market segmentation, competitive strategy, product strategy and product development, you will drive the creation of new products from idea to market and will be accountable for defining, developing, launching, managing and phasing out the product lines in your portfolio.
You will collaborate closely with Program Management, Product Development, Engineering, Industrialization, Supply Chain and Commercial Teams to ensure the products in the roadmap are delivered to the feature and price specifications that each target market segment demands.
Your seniority and your expertise in HVAC Applications in Commercial Buildings will allow you to act as a coach and coordinator within the Marketing Team.
As the owner of your product lines, you are accountable for sales and profitability globally. The position reports to the Sensors and Room-Units VP.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Own and manage the entire life-cycle of several categories of Schneider Electric's Commercial Buildings Sensors and Room-Units Portfolio: new offers, evolution, adaptation and obsolescence.
- Develop a solid understanding of the Commercial Buildings market structure, dynamics and trends across major geographies.
- Develop and maintain a solid understanding of competitors products: features, positioning, pricing, etc.
- Develop and execute the strategy and the associated road map for managed categories.
- Build and manage a pipeline of new growth opportunities and develop associated business cases.
- Develop business requirements for new products and enhancements to existing products; collaborate with R&D on functional specifications and feature prioritization.
- Monitor dashboard for managed categories (sales, profitability, etc.), engage with Countries to understand trends, and initiate and follow-up relevant actions.
- Develop and maintain the necessary marketing collaterals and technical documentation of your portfolio.
- Be in constant interaction with all stakeholders (Sales, Country Operational Marketing, Supply Chain) to ensure your offers are properly commercialized in targeted markets.
- Support Country Sales and Marketing teams, Channel Partners and the Division Commercial teams.
- You have a Master's Degree in Business or a Technical field. An MBA would be a plus. Candidates with a Bachelor's degree, significant years of experience and an in-depth HVAC in Commercial Buidlings knowledge may be considered.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in marketing, product development or related field.
- Extensive and proven experience in the HVAC industry. Knowledge of key applications is a must. Knowledge of Environmental Sensors and/or Thermostats, current and emerging sensing technologies would be a plus.
- Experience in developing and managing technology partners and external suppliers would be a plus.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to have perspective on all aspects of the business (commercial, finance, supply chain, ...).
- Ability to synthesize market and customer feedback; comfortable with making tradeoffs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Teamworking and collaboration capabilities.
- Ability to influence stakeholders.
- Positive attitude.
- Proficiency in using productivity tools.
- Experience of working with different time zones (Europe, Middle-East and Asia).
- Ability to travel (20 - 30%).
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, lucrative group pension plan, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/ca/careers.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against disability.