Senior Sustainability Consultant
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EtpkB0cuXE&t=1s
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Energy & Sustainability Services (ESS) is a global business within Schneider Electric focused on addressing clients’ needs in achieving their corporate sustainability and active energy management ambitions. Corporate sustainability is a critical element of business strategy. We take pride in helping our customers reduce their energy spend and impact on the environment.
As energy experts we provide integrated solutions to help companies buy energy smarter, use resources efficiently and drive sustainable growth. We deliver energy-to-end services, technology to develop strategic goals and plans, and implement programs and projects with measurable results. ESS works with clients in more than 100 countries from regional companies to the world’s largest corporations.
Please note, this role will focus their time on 50% support of internal (SE) sustainability strategy, reporting, and initiatives, and 50% external customers.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Support the SERE VP and serve as a Sustainability Leader for the North American Region.
- Engage with Senior Leadership to educate, influence, convince and gain support for sustainability initiatives and overall sustainability strategy in alignment with the Schneider Sustainability Index.
- Identify and share both external and internal sustainability best practices across the operations in the Region.
- Draw on the full resources of ESS and coordinate efforts across the Global Supply Chain Operations to enhance sustainability programs (energy, CO2, waste, etc.).
- Lead the CO2 reduction efforts and coordinate programs involving carbon neutral sites and net-zero CO2 sites.
- Serve as the point of contact for customer sales call support and participate in customer pursuits where energy efficiency and sustainability are a factor.
- Help to interpret and deploy the Schneider Sustainability Impact within the Region.
- Lead and partner with Clients in developing sustainable energy and resource management strategies.
- Lead the development of client sustainability strategies including facilitating executive/elected official level presentations and the analysis and benchmarking of performance to support organizational goal setting and implementation planning.
- Develop energy and greenhouse gas (GHG) / carbon emissions inventories, water footprints, waste footprints and other environmental inventories including data analysis, emission factor development, calculation methodology, web-system deployment and support clients’ third party environmental reporting activities.
- Prepare or revise client communications for sustainability performance aligned to key industry reporting platforms, such as CDP, DJSI, GRI, GRESB, and various federal and state/local disclosure programs, inclusive of project management, stakeholder interviews, drafting, and submittal.
- Organize, inform and partner with multi-disciplinary teams within Schneider Electric to help coordinate service and solutions delivery.
- Build and support relationships with regulatory entities, vendors and product/service companies.
- Some domestic and international travel necessary (5-15%).
This job might be for you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sustainability or Environmental Sciences, Energy, Business, Finance, Engineering, or a related technical field, Master’s degree in Sustainability or Business, preferred.
- 7+ years of related professional/consulting experience and an interest in pursuing a career in sustainability. This should not be viewed as an entry-level position.
- Project management experience focusing on managing multiple stakeholders
- High commitment to company vision, values and excellent client service.
- Proven track record in developing, managing, and executing client solutions
- Progressive history of building successful relationships.
- Ability to communicate, both written and verbally, complex analysis and ideas in a concise manner.
- Analytical self-starter with strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to work on multiple complex projects in diverse areas.
- Advanced computer experience in Microsoft Office Products, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, with a focus on creating high-quality, high-impact client deliverables.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.