Software, Test Technical Expert
We are looking for a Technical Expert Verification and Automation Engineer who is adept in testing Software Products for Digital Power in a SAFe environment.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Be a technology and process expert, driving test, test fixture design and test automation for a software system that includes a website, real-time services running on redundant servers, as well as connected devices like electrical meters
- Work with a variety of test automation tools and physical setups to design and build systems that provide maximum testability for our software system
- Develop efficient test strategies in-line with project constraints
- Design, implement, execute and improve product and system tests
- Quickly and accurately report on product defects
- Participate in continuous improvement of product quality and contribute to the product and planning decisions
- Design and build test systems: mock ups of energy management systems from embedded sensors through our real-time software to the cloud systems to which they connect
- Be a key part of an agile team from planning through execution to reporting
- Be a flexible team member, willing to work on what the agile team needs to achieve its collective goals.
Bachelor's Degree / Master's Degree in Engineering in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Telecommunication Engineering / M.C.A.
Skillsets & Experience
- Should have strong 8-12 years of experience in manual testing complex software products in the domain of Enterprise Energy Management Systems / SCADA Solutions / Network Management Systems.
- Should have 3-4 years’ experience in designing and developing the test automation suites for complex enterprise software products.
- Should possess and can use knowledge of the fundamental test and test automation process, test levels, types and techniques
- Should have critical and lateral thinking ability
- Should be able to break down complex testing problems and can explain this to others
- Should have a keen eye for detail and a fussy but pragmatic approach to your work
- Should have proven experience working with developers, product owners, and application engineers in a SAFe / Agile framework
- Should have demonstrated ability to articulate and justify testing, test equipment and test automation activities to stakeholders.
- Should have good expertise in Python, bash, batch, VBScript, .NET, Test Complete, C#.
- Desirable to have knowledge and expertise on Energy Management Distribution products like Energy Meters, Power Meters, Breakers etc. in all Low Voltage, Buildings and Medium Voltage domains.
- Strong knowledge on Protocols like Modbus, ION, Modbus TCP, BACnet and similar protocols used in the Industrial Automation and Electrical Distribution domains would be a definite plus.
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills with a strong team player attitude