Sr. Network Engineer
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Sr Network Engineer in our Ft Collins, CO location.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
The Digital Grid is the central control for the Energy Management division’s products and systems related to the Smart Grid of the future. Our mission is to ensure our products are secure and meet the Utility industry’s best practices as well as regulatory requirements. The Senior Network Engineer’s responsibilities cover all Digital Grid’s product divisions and Regional Resource Centers.
We are looking for a dedicated and meticulous Network engineer to join our global Security and IT team. This role will ensure our software, hardware, and related components are built, tested and deployed safely and protected from cyber-attacks. The position is responsible for developing and implementing complex networks in a Hyper Converged Infrastructure that includes Site to Site VPN’s, micro-segmentation, multi-site Disaster Recovery in Active/Active configurations, firewalls, SANs and integration with multiple Active Directory Domains. Candidates should have strong IT skills, familiarity with ISO 27000 series, SOC 2 Type 2 audits and have a deep understanding of cybersecurity controls to mitigate the current cyber Threatscape.
Senior Network Engineer responsibilities and duties
- Coordinate with the larger Security and IT organization to ensure consistency in network architecture and implementations across the three lines of business: Novi Sad, Serbia; Ft Collins, Colorado and Seville, Spain and the global Regional Solution Centers (RSCs)
- Monitor and sustain the necessary data throughput rate by monitoring networking activity and maintaining existing equipment
- Respond to the needs of the business for connectivity, compute power and memory requirements to build customer’s test systems in a virtual environment cluster for both VMWare VSphere and HyperV.
- Monitor each component of the network and troubleshoot issues.
- Respond to network connectivity issues between the business R&D centers, the RSC’s and the Customer deployments
- Document and update the network maintenance procedures and configuration management, and submit a summary of changes and activity each week to management
- Collaborate with third-party support and service vendors to ensure that the network stays operational
- Report to the Regional North American Security and IT Director
- Perform system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software related issues.
- Server hardware setup, configuration, support, RAID including all support systems.
- Network systems including network switches, security, VLAN’s and VPN’s.
- Microsoft Active Directory & IIS knowledge required.
- Citrix Server configuration and support.
- Multiple UNIX/Linux platforms experience.
- Configuration of ESRI applications and services.
- Provisioning/tracking of ESRI licensing.
- Evaluate, recommend business software used for development.
- Purchasing & tracking of business software to insure compliance.
Senior Network Engineer qualifications and skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certificate preferred
- CompTIA networking certification preferred
- CISSP or equivalent preferred
- 7+ years' experience in managing sophisticated and integrated networks
- 5+ years' experience in network architecture and deployment
- 3+ years of experience in Hybrid cloud infrastructure and MS Azure