Systems Test Lead
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
The Test Lead will be part of a system team based in Raleigh, NC. The System Test Lead will be responsible for leading the test activities (verification, integration and validation) for the global system releases of Power Product Projects.
Review the user requirements, use cases, system and product specifications to fully understand the project details
Plan and develop a complete test strategy to cover the system release from product verification through to system validation activities
Plan and develop test cases to ensure the development implementation meets the requirements
Use existing tools and techniques to design, develop, revise and execute automated and manual tests based on test cases
Perform integration, new feature, regression & validation testing
Coordinate certification activities as needed based on release content
Extend the existing test automation infrastructure to optimize testing
Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate
Work with the Continuous Engineer as necessary to reproduce customer issues to help identify root cause
Report test progress & coverage
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
- Minimum (5) years experience in system test, specifically within an R&D Environment
- Minimum (5) years experience performing testing of products and systems comprised of hardware, firmware and software
- Minimum (3) years of solid experience with automation (scripting languages – such as Python, Perl, Java, Ruby and/or automation tools, such as Selenium, LoadRunner, SmartBear, TestStand)
- Experience being in a test lead position with go/no go responsibilities for releases
- Experience with scheduling and task estimation for a system release
- Experience with coordinating certification activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid troubleshooting experience that help identify root cause of system issues
- Demonstrated experience with issue tracking, configuration management, testing methodologies including Regression, Functional, Performance, Black box, White box, Integration, etc.
- Ability to manage the traceability between the test plan, test cases, automation sequences and the requirements using existing tools
- Experience in international and/or multi-site project development
- Awareness of agile methodologies
- BS Degree in Computer Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience using National Instruments TestStand
- Experience in functional verification of devices using various communication protocols, including: Zigbee, Profibus, Ethernet networks, Modbus/TCP, WiFi, NFC, Blutooth and EtherNet/IP (strong preference) [We can update this to match TesysT protocols]
- Verification and/or Verification-related Tool Certifications (ISTQB, QAI, NI, etc.)
- Development experience