Technical Business Analyst
- Leads technical projects from initiation through implementation including phases such as planning, analysis, design, development and implementation.
- Establishes project requirements, priorities, and deadlines.
- Ensures project is completed in accordance with all Risk, Architecture and other relevant guidelines.
- Coordinates resources (staff, equipment, vendors and consultants) across projects including onsite, offshore, near-shore & hybrid delivery teams.
- Manages budget for assigned project(s), monitors project progress and adjusts resources and priorities accordingly
- Be an excellent communicator, focus on customers, drive for results and think analytically
- Role may also include people management responsibilities
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
- You have a BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field from an accredited university with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience in leading projects from inception to conclusion.
- Some experience or exposure to software design and development.
- Proficient in written and oral presentation, in writing and presenting technical documents, in explaining technical concepts with depth tailored to the expected audience, in assisting in the generation of product/application literature.
- Excellent oral and written communication up, down and across the organization.
- Ability to represent the company with end customers and ability to speak for the team technically on a variety of projects and systems.
- Well organized, detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Strong time management skills with ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to travel to SE offices and visit customer sites as needed.
- Resolves issues through mediation, negotiation with project team, or escalation with Matrix/Lead PM. Escalation Management - Knows when/what to escalate and to whom. Demonstrates ability to prioritize issues on the critical path accounting for multiple factors. Understands subject matter to facilitate meaningful issue and risk discussions
- Can successfully integrate planning tasks across multiple spaces. Resource Management - Identifies and negotiate resource needs for project. Successfully ensures business counterpart readiness activities complete and takes ownership for entire end-to-end project
- Ability to manage project scope and work with the team to recommend options.
- Demonstrates understanding of subject matter needed to drive value delivery decisions.
- Proactively provides constructive performance feedback to Resource Managers on project resources as well as seeks feedback on his/her own performance.
- Motivates team members to get the best results.
- Defines, discovers documents, or standardizes processes as appropriate. May be hands-on or leveraging others to clarify or resolve process gaps. Follows through to completion with an eye towards repeatability.
- Empowers the project leads to make quality decision in a timely manner. Ability within team to assess situations and make appropriate, effective, timely project decisions. Accepts accountability for decisions. Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight timelines and pressure.
- Understands organizational structure to influence and obtain agreement from Matrix or Project Leads. Knows who/where to pursue information within the organization and applies towards removing team obstacles. Has developed sufficient subject matter expertise to determine path needed to pursue.
- Ensures correctness of all SDLC Phases; Includes appropriate SDLC version for audit purposes. Understands strong controls and audit requirements; ensures project aligns with established practices. Remediates all known compliance issues in a timely fashion to ensure on-time project delivery