Technical Product Owner
Schneider Electric & Autodesk are partnering in order to develop a new product to ease the design of electrical networks in the BIM environment. This is a very ambitious and promising partnership where the alliance of Autodesk and Schneider Electric respective expertise will allow us to release on the market a software that will support our customers from conceptual design to detailed design to enable their economic growth and overall business efficiency while designing more sustainable buildings.
In this context, Schneider Electric is looking for a Technical Product Owner.
The technical PO is responsible to translate market requirements into software and technical requirements. Manages release backlog and team backlog.
- Possess both an understanding of Product vision/business objectives defined by the Product Manager and a working grasp of software development practices and technologies
- Serve as the focal point for the capture, analysis, and management of functional and non-functional systems requirements, and user stories
- Show a demonstrated skill in effective decomposition of mission/business objectives into requirements contained within a product backlog which can then be implemented in a series of short and iterative development cycles
- Work regularly with The Product Manager and Business Subject Matter experts to identify & understand business needs
- Clearly communicate those business needs to a development team through user stories and acceptance criteria
- Work closely with the ScrumMaster to establish Release/Sprint backlogs, resolve impediments, and provide direction on scope of work to be accomplished
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, as well as the product development team during the development cycle to ensure the customer needs are being met
- Review and evaluate work done by development team to ensure proper scope has been met.
- Lead the demonstrations to Product Managers & stakeholders and report on the results of each software iteration
- Gather and advocated for User Community Representation
- Develop and maintain Release Roadmap
- Collaborate with other teams on Integrated Release Planning
- Facilitates initial Epic estimate w/ Product Architect * Communicate release plan to the Product Manager
- Strong Knowledge in transforming business needs into user stories and acceptance criteria in an Agile development environment
- Strong Knowledge in grooming sprint and release backlogs to align with business priority and product goals
- Strong Knowledge in developing uses cases and technical requirements to solve business requirements
- Strong knowledge of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management. * Experience in estimating techniques.
- Strong leadership, project management and organizational skills and driving change
- Knowledge of digitization within the electric industry and especially on the BIM would be a plus
- Responsive and energetic people management skills with a positive attitude
- A strong team player who collaborates and demonstrates leadership by example
- Ability to clearly communicate requirements and roadmaps
- Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
- Effectiveness in a cross-cultural environment
- Fluent in English
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Technical or Proxy Product Owner
- Product Owner certification would be a plus
- Experience in the electrical distribution and BIM environment would be a plus
- Previous experience of Agile