VIE - Product Cost Analyst - Regensburg (Germany) - F/M/X
Main mission- Perform Comparative Function Analysis (dedicated team in India to animate)
Benchmark internal and external competitor: Analyze and estimate the functional architecture of existing products. Isolate the cost of identified functions and parameters influencing the cost
- Determine the consolidated representative product target complete cost during the launching phase (+3 to +5 year forecast), be based on industrialization strategy, multiples assumptions and significant parameters, including purchasing (parts and sub assembly), Identify gaps and variances for improvement and optimization. Finally constitute and communicate the cost deliverables (using template) for the stage gates.
- Quantify the functional blocks (bricks) and highlight the important parameters of the cost analysis.
Assist in the decision for orienting the objective cost in design, supply chain, industrialization.
- Post sell follow up. Follow up star product reference, periodically collect current manufacturing data from ERP. Compare real actual Cost versus project forecast. Analyze variances (currency, quantity, RMi, Labor efficiency, purchasing cost ...), animate action plan follow-up.
Regensburg is a very dynamic and pleasant city to live in (150 000 inhab). 5th Bavarian city, only 1h30 from Munich and its Airport.
Schneider Electric site (R&D and Manufacturing unit) is easily accessible by bike or bus. (All the city really bikes friendly)
• Working in a major R&D project, to develop the future sustainable medium voltage switchgear range.
• Be part of an international team based in Germany and in China. Also, team member of worldwide costing organization
• Build the future product cost forecast based on assumptions from all the functions involved (Marketing, Industrialization, Procurement, Finance, …).
• Determine the cost target and track the cost estimation for each functional block
• Regular follow up to drive the project based on product cost status (Variance and gap analyses).
• Organize cost workshop and animate the team on cost saving opportunities and risks mitigation.
• Report to top management and steering committee quarterly on current status.
Education: Master specialized in Industrial/Technical Engineering (economical UG) or Financial controlling
- Work experience needed: Industrial performance with Economic or financial aspect
- Requested languages: English fluent and German minimum Basic
- Personal abilities or skills: autonomous, curious, open mind, serious, dynamic
Assignment duration: 18 Months
Location : Regensburg (Germany)
The VIE is an international program for young professionals between the age of 18 and 28 who are European Union nationals. In addition, the candidate cannot come from the country hosting the mission.
PLEASE NOTE that only applications submitted in English can be considered by our non-French speaking partners at Schneider Electric. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that you post your resume in English.
Schneider Electric is committed and believes that diversity and inclusion are essential elements of its performance.
Schneider Electric Company Story: Our technology is everywhere watch the video
Get to know our company
At Schneider, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to make the most of their energy and resources, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment.
We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. We combine world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
We are committed to unleash the infinite possibilities of an open, global, innovative community that is passionate about our Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.