Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EtpkB0cuXE&t=1s
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
• Evaluate and process typical purchase requisitions examining the content for clarity and appropriateness of purchase. Provide timely turnaround for competitive bids and issuing purchase orders.
• Request quotes from vendors per contracted specifications on items.
• Establish and maintain ethical business relationships with suppliers. Monitor and expedite shipping and delivery. Involvement in the assessment of suppliers.
• Quickly and effectively research and resolve invoice and purchase order discrepancies.
• Identify opportunities for cost, process, or vendor performance improvements. Perform typical cost-benefit analyses resulting in significant timing, coordinating, pricing, or other tangible improvements to our processes and cost structure.
• Perform other related duties as required.
This job might be for you if:
• High school diploma/GED. Associate Degree preferred.
• 3-5 years purchasing experience.
• Experience working in an international company preferred.
• SAP experience preferred.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.