Circular Economy Strategic Implementation Leader, Power Products NAM
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company
PURPOSE / SUMMARY:
Position is responsible for leadership of Power Products NAM implementation of the circular economy. In this role, the successful candidate will bridge what we do well today in both energy sustainability and product environmental compliance to strategically expand Schneider Electric’s sustainability impact by implementing full circular economy approaches. This includes but is not limited to, developing and deploying strategies for green packaging, green materials (metals and plastics), eco-design, and end-of-life management. In addition, understanding customer sustainability values and developing new business models to deliver these values will be critical for success. Represent NAM as an active member of the Schneider Electric sustainability community both within the geography and globally. Serve as a Schneider Electric representative with external affiliates to influence the electrical industry and regulators and to further demonstrate Schneider’s thought leadership in circular economy, sustainability overall, and as an ESG leader.
- Strategic planning: Develop PP NAM circularity strategic plan in alignment with global framework. With Application Marketing, develop strategic plans for each offer in the portfolio. With business leaders and through the strategic business planning cycle, build business plan requirements for funding, resourcing, and executing projects to meet the strategic plan.
- Program Execution: Lead execution to fulfill overall program requirements. Leverage existing resources – project management, offer management, engineering, industrialization, etc. – to create and execute projects, as required, to cover all offers within the PP NAM portfolio. Serve as the primary interface to report to and get support from Sr. Leadership within NAM and Globally.
- Collaboration and Networking (including Global Coordination): Participate in Communities of Practice with Environmental Subject Matter Experts, Materials Experts, and Standardization Experts from across the geography. Leverage skills and activities to fulfill strategic missions across the business. Represent NAM within the Global SE Environmental Community for circularity.
- Differentiation: Leverage global sustainable develop programs and tools. With Marketing, adapt as needed to highlight circularity in the environmental profiles of SE products for offer differentiation within NAM markets.
- Surveillance: With environmental, technology, and Codes & Standards representatives, continually monitor the changing landscape of environmental requirements driven by customer, State, Federal, International, and other regulatory bodies. Understand how these may impact Schneider Electric businesses and build associated business impact statements. Propose action plans to meet market requirements in a timely fashion and with minimal business interruption. Support the development of program and project level business cases to insure alignment and commitment for funding and execution.
- Thought Leadership: Serve as a Schneider Electric representative to industry groups, external affiliates, and/or regulatory bodies to influence the environmental direction and adoption of circular economy approaches for the electrical industry. Develop, publish, and present key content to further demonstrate Schneider’s thought leadership in circularity, sustainability, and as an ESG leader.
This job might be for you if:
- Collaboration: Ability to collaborate as part of a team to accomplish tasks and objectives
- Influence and Convince: Ability to drive business decision making, gain support, and execute programs across businesses with no direct reporting responsibility is critical.
- Delegation: Ability to delegate to experts inside the company
- Communication: Strong communication skills with ability to simplify complex issues in order to help facilitate understanding
- Lead with Agility: Must be able to work effectively both internally and externally to meet global policy expectations adapted for the market/geography and to push the industry forward against conflicting priorities.
- Be bold in actions, but also have willingness to be open to experiment with new approaches to find solutions to problems
- Basic understanding of government relations and influence strategies; basic under
- 2+ years of Industry Experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with emphasis in marketing.
- Design experience in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat and proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Good knowledge of enclosure business including competitive landscape as well as OEM, Panel Builder, System Integrator, and Distributor channels. Market segments a plus (pumping, water/wastewater, oil and gas, etc.)
- Knowledge of Quote 2 Cash system and Schneider Electric’s online resources is a plus.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written). French or Spanish is a plus.