PCBA Product Test Engineer (Recent Graduate)
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a PCBA Product Test Engineer, Senior in our Apodaca, Monterrey location. The individual is responsible for all aspects of test development and deployment in order to achieve the deliverables defined at the beginning of the project on time and within project cost and quality objectives.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric is seeking a motivated individual to serve as Electronics Test Engineer for support of PCBA and product test equipment. The position reports to the Industrialization Manager, NC in the Schneider Electric Energy Management Business Unit.
THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Assure compliance to DFM, DFA and DFT guidelines in the product designs through early involvement in the product development process
- Develop product test and equipment specifications
- Develop equipment and process qualification plans
- Hands on supervision of manufacturing prototype and pilot runs at electronic contract manufacturers
- Hands on supervision of design, deployment and qualification of specified test equipment.
- Prepare and manage detailed task driven schedule for equipment development
- Estimate resources and expenses for test equipment development
- Create, maintain and keep current all technical documentation
- Actively participate in problem solving of manufacturing / quality issues
This job might be for you if:
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Ability to understand and develop test strategies for electrical and electronic products designed for use in industrial controls and distribution equipment
- Knowledge of PCB assembly process, wave solder, reflow solder, SMT and PTH technologies and equipment
- Experience with DOE, SPC and Six Sigma principles
- General understanding of system design software (LabVIEW, TestStand, C#, etc)
- Proficient in relational database architecture
- Windows power user and knowledgeable in cybersecurity principles and practice.
- Prior schematic capture/PCB generation experience in CAD software (AutoCAD preferred)
- Exposure to various test equipment architectures (VXI, PXI, Rack and Stack, etc)
- Knowledge of communication protocols (Modbus, Ethernet, CAN, SPI, etc)
- Electronic circuit knowledge: digital, analog, power and high voltage
- Proficient in the use of laboratory instruments and methods (Power sources, scopes, precision meters, etc)
- Experience with electrical, pneumatic and mechanical systems
- Basic understanding of UL61010-1 Standard, NFPA 79, National Electric Code and OSHA NRTL certification as it pertains to manufacturing test systems design
- Familiarity with electrical safe work practices
- In-circuit test experience with Teradyne or Agilent platforms
- Understanding and experience of DfM/DfT software such as Testway and Valor
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, a culture of wellness, and more great benefits above and beyond a typical employer. Click to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/mx/carreras
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.