PCS Applications Engineer
For over 125 years, ASCO Power Technologies has been pioneering every major product innovation in power transfer technology. Today, as a business of Schneider Electric, we are the world leader in emergency and standby power transfer solutions. We are the Power Authority - committed to providing a full range of quality-driven products backed by a 24-hour nationwide service support.
ASCO Power Technologies, an industry leader in the manufacturing of Automatic Transfer Switches, Industrial Control Products, Load Banks, Power Control Systems, Services and Solutions, has an exciting career opportunity for an Applicationss Engineer based out of our Florham Park, NJ office.
The PCS Applications Engineer responds to requests for pricing from field sales organization and customers. Prepares proposals and bills of material and provides technical, product and sales information for complex low voltage PCS products and basic medium voltage PCS products with the objective of converting customer inquiries into orders.
- Reviews and evaluates customer plans and specifications to determine applicable product offering/conformance.
- Prepares proposals for basic low voltage PCS products and services
- Provides technical support to field sales for assigned inquiries.
- Provides AutoCAD drawings for assigned projects
- Participates in negotiations for assigned projects.
- Attends order review meetings for assigned projects that have been converted to new orders
- Assists Applications Engineering team members with technical proposals
- Provides value engineering alternatives for assigned projects
- Knowledge of basic electricity and electrical power applications
- Knowledge of Low and Medium Voltage Switchgear
- Understanding of Low Voltage Circuit Breakers
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BSEE, BSEET, 1-3 years of experience in electrical power industry
- Good written and spoken communications skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work well with other disciplines – design engineering, project management and field sales
- Ability to multitask
- Good Presentation skills
- Ability to work independently
COMPUTER SKILLS: Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of ASCO Power Technologies to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: ASCO Power Technologies does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
ASCO Power Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.