Provides assistance and supports engineering design services for assigned projects from the time it is assigned until the time it is commissioned in the field.
- Produce required documentation for fabrication purposes by researching custom specifications, industry standards and following defined manufacturing and assembly methods.
- Assists in providing engineering information by communicating questions and requests.
- Assists in resolving differences between design and fabrication requirements by making determinations such as modifying design verses sending parts back to the vendor.
- Assists in troubleshooting designs and completing projects by collaborating with Test Technicians.
- Maintains Product and company reputation by complying with applicable regulations and standards.
- Expected to work with assistance from other sources such as engineering, project management, purchasing etc.
- Evaluates assigned projects by designing and conducting research around custom specifications and applying degreed level knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Releases projects to manufacturing by assembling bill of materials, generating electrical schematics, point to point interconnects and developing application specific programs and description of operation.
- Maintains drawing and program revisions by issuing Engineering Change Notices.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Education: 4 year engineering degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering.
- Experience: Entry level to two years of professional experience in OEM design activities, PLC or script based programming, meeting schedules and providing technical support.
- Thorough understanding of the fundamental concepts involved in electrical circuit design, Power Systems, and Digital Logic.
- AutoCAD, Word Processing, Spreadsheets, File Management Software.
INTERACTIONS - Inside:
Project Management, Applications, Drafting/Design, Test Technicians, Project Team, and Engineering Management.
INTERACTIONS - Outside
Project Management, Sales, Vendors, Customers, and Service Technicians