Release and Deployment Lead
Schneider’s purpose is to empower all to make the most of our energy and resources, bridging progress and sustainability for all. We call this Life Is On.
Our mission is to be your digital partner for Sustainability and Efficiency.
We drive digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies, end-point to cloud connecting products, controls, software and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure and industries.
We are the most local of global companies. We are advocates of open standards and partnership ecosystems that are passionate about our shared Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtExntUe89c
The Residential Controls business within the Schneider Electric group is a global provider of devices used to control heating, hot water, humidity and cooling in domestic and small commercial installations and is expanding into the world of Smart Products. The business is investing heavily in new product design, market expansion and further development of existing markets. In particular, it is creating an exciting new range of Internet and cloud-connected smart products to exploit the opportunities provided by the rapid growth of the Internet of Things (IoT). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LXBa3UcrGI
Location – You will be working from home with occasional travels to Plymouth when requested, no more than 20% of your time travelling. You will be working closely with Schneider R&D teams in the UK and across the world.
The Release and deployment lead is accountable for ensuring deliverables generated within the development team are deployed safely and effectively to trial communities and our customer base, and that the relevant stakeholders are kept informed throughout the deployment process.
The main scope of activities includes the release of mobile Apps, product firmware and Cloud services for a smart home solution spanning several Countries and thousands of users. At each stage the person occupying this role will be expected to plan the deployment of releases making provision for risks, assessing release readiness, preparing and delivering stakeholder communications and executing the deployment process. Following deployment, there will be ongoing monitoring and feedback provided to the relevant stakeholders.
The role owns the funnel out of development and into our trial and customer systems, so will therefore be accountable for ensuring solutions are fit for purpose and act as a gatekeeper of the release configuration by becoming a signatory at release reviews.
Your main responsibilities:
- To work closely with development and marketing teams to plan and execute the deployment of releases to trial communities and customers
- To own internal and external communications relating to trials and releases
- To monitor release rollout and coordinate feedback and run post-release reviews
- Own the configuration management of customer and trial baselines
- Owning the deployment process and evolving this as needed, including the adoption of appropriate release and deployment tools and techniques.
- To generate and make use of data to inform decision making
- You must have prior experience with deployment of software and/or mobile Apps
- Being a very effective communicator, it is critical for this role.
- A high level of trust and credibility with an eye for detail
- Someone that always maintains the customer focus
- Preferably someone with a keen interest in the latest technology trends and processes, especially in the area of Internet of Things (IoT) and connected home products.
What we offer:
You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with significant personal responsibility and flexible working models to ensure the right work/life balance.
A dynamic and personal atmosphere, working across teams
A company culture that encourages performance and cooperation
An attractive compensation package including the comprehensive fringe benefits expected of an international company
We are an employer that is characterized by both the appreciation and equal opportunities of our employees, a recipe for generating success.
Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice – apply now online.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.