Sales Director - Process Automation UK & Ireland
Make the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric
At Schneider, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to do more with less, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment.
We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. We combine world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
We are committed to unleash the infinite possibilities of an open, global, innovative community that is passionate with our Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
Process Automation is a global business building value in today’s ever-changing industrial world by forging new connections amongst people, processes and technologies. Schneider Electric’s process automation solutions help our customers to drive their operations to a higher value utilising proven Schneider Electric technology and expertise enabling success.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our region for an experienced senior executive to join the leadership team for the North Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa Hub (NESSA) team, as the Sales Director UK & Ireland.
Sales Director will operate as the leader for the Process Automation UK&I Sales organization. As a high profile leader within the UK, you would be accountable for working across the matrix to deliver financial results, end-to-end account management, client satisfaction, strategic planning and forecasting within the geography.
This role has direct responsibility for managing sales and business development teams but works closely with all other business functions including Project Delivery/ Execution, Services, Tendering and Supply Chain as well as the supporting functions including Facilities, Finance and HR.
Accountable for growth in the geography, with the focus on building market share from existing and new customers and continuing to deliver high levels of client satisfaction. The role will also be accountable for identifying and assessing new potential segments, innovative solution offerings and sales strategies to deepen and penetrate new market sectors.
Deep knowledge of the process automation, safety and control business, specifically in DCS, safety, SCADA, digital and software applications, as well as key segment experience which includes Oil/Gas/Petrochem, WWW, Power and CPG, is important. The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate sound technical knowledge as well as sound market knowledge of this space. This role will be expected to create, build and drive the development of a compelling vision and then deliver that vision to inspire and motivate employees to achieve our goals.
- Provide strong leadership to PA organisation in UK&I; creating a clear vision for growth and detailed plan for implementation across all aspects of the business
- Accountable for the profitability and expansion of the Process Automation business in UK&I
- Create and deploy strategy; plan, co-ordinate, direct and manage the sales function for our installed base clients in our traditional markets
- Accountable for developing and driving strategy to penetrate new markets
- Provide Schneider Electric management with updates of critical business, economic, political, legal, competition and security matters
- Initiate, build and present the Process Automation UK&I Strategic Plan in association with other Schneider Electric businesses promoting cross-selling opportunities across all operating businesses.
- Identify growth opportunities for the UK&I PA business. Develop and create action plans for these growth opportunities. Leverage all available domain expertise to support the hub in executing these action plans
- Work with Global Sales Operations team to identify large projects. Lead and work with the broader organisation to identify and develop sales strategies to pursue these mega deals.
- Ensure quality data management and reporting for pipeline growth
- Provide timely and accurate sales forecasts, hold self and others accountable to meet forecasts
- Accountable for driving a high level of employee engagement, to ensure continued success of the business
- Drive a high-performance culture and jointly work across the matrix organisations to identify, develop, and performance manage business performance and effectiveness
- Provide leadership in building a solution driven environment, ensure balance and growth of the resources required to deliver growth
Behaviours and Competencies
- Sensitive to political issues, influences and group dynamics with the ability to read these factors and influences
- Uncompromising integrity with the highest degree of accountability, internally to the Company and externally to the customer
- Excellent relationship building and collaborative mentality (across the wider Schneider, specifically Hub connected business units and externally, up to ‘C’ level)
- Possesses key leadership attributes: Strong personal conviction, vision, strong emotional bonds, inspirational, team orientated, risk taker, and driven to excel with confidence positive energy and enthusiasm
- Highly organized and disciplined with a flexible attitude and the ability to plan and execute a variety of tasks on a timely basis, as the situation requires
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral; Ability to present at a board/executive committee level
- Cultural sensitivity – Ability to bring together highly diverse teams to achieve superior results
- Judgment – Ability to think and act independently and exhibit consistently sound business judgment and an action-oriented ability to take measured risks and take responsibility for the consequences
- Understands customers’ decision-making processes, buyers, and influences
- High level of energy and passion, a tolerance for extensive travel and extra work hours as needed
- Proven success in developing and executing matrix or multi-level selling strategies to businesses of all sizes
- Ability to seek out and assess new opportunities
- Establishing and building credibility with a strong ability to develop and sustain successful internal and external relationships
- Manage, direct and motivate resources towards meeting clearly articulated objectives, pushing self and others to achieve positive results
- Execute effective negotiation strategies and plans
- Prioritize and focus efforts on best opportunities (short and long term) based on business needs.
- See ahead clearly; can anticipate future trends accurately; learn quickly and think independently to adapt as required
- Innovative, creative and flexible in approach
- Experience of selling within a matrix organisation, ideally in a large corporation would be beneficial and good internal stakeholder management will also be important although not critical
- Highly self-motivated, proactive, driven and ambitious yet able to take the team with them
- You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with significant personal responsibility and attractive development opportunities
- Flexible working to ensure a balance of family and working life
- Optimal support on your career path through regular training opportunities
- A dynamic and personal atmosphere, working with a global energized team
- A company culture that encourages performance and cooperation
- An attractive compensation package including the comprehensive fringe benefits expected of an international company
- We are an employer that is characterized by both the appreciation and equal opportunities of our employees, a recipe for generating success.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organization, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognize that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.