Schneider Internship - Risk Management and Auditing (Start Spring 2021)
Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Risk Management and Audit Intern in our Louisville, KY location.
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
We seek an individual with high integrity to intern with a major in Economics, Mathematics, Finance or other analytical discipline. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn one of the leading industries in the U.S. This role will be an important part of the Commodity Services Team reporting process. We are seeking current students who are available to work 40 hours per week through the end of the summer, and then up to 17.5 hours week moving forward through the school year. Candidates will preferably be in their Sophomore or Junior year in school.
The required character traits and job accountabilities are listed below.
The Successful Candidate Will Possess:
Integrity: demonstrates this in all interactions
Decisiveness: has the ability to sort through information and make appropriate and timely decisions
Initiative: recognizes and acts on what needs to be done without being asked to do it
Diligence: energized by being diligent in meeting deadlines and completing tasks on time.
Thoroughness: pays close attention to detail and produces accurate work in a timely fashion
Responsibility: understands expectations and follows through in accomplishing them
· Assist and support the Global Risk Oversight unit within Commodity Services with various responsibilities
· Prepare and collect risk management and energy market data requests, organize data received into useful formats, and input data into databases/reports
· Develop an understanding of financial instruments available and the purpose, advantages, and disadvantages of their use in managing financial risk
· Create and gather materials to support meetings
· Perform ad-hoc analyses and small projects within global energy markets, including market instruments, price relationships, and client energy spend/consumption patterns
· Research client industries and client conditions to assist in the creation of risk documents
· Utilize statistical software for in-depth statistical analysis of data
· Develop an understanding of how global energy markets and costs impact our clients
· Analyze processes and procedures and present recommendations for improvements
· Keep current with key political and economic developments as they relate to international energy markets
· Support AP functions related to data procurement
Essential skills and qualifications:
- High commitment to company vision and values
- Pursuing a Bachelors Degree in a quantitative field (Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Accounting, etc.)
- Analytical self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Quick and eager learner
- Strong problem-solving skills focused on providing solutions
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines in a timely manner
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, Powerpoint, and Publisher
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled