Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Sales Representative in our Chicago (Homewood), IL location.
We are searching for a Building Automation Systems Account Executive who will help us strengthen key relationships with existing clients, while also developing new relationships to identify and pursue new opportunities.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
This position is the primary sales person responsible for selling BAS systems and service projects. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing customers to identify scope of work, estimate, and sell system installations, modifications, and maintenance agreements. You will also have the ability and in-house support team behind you to sell security (access control and IP surveillance) and networking services to your customer accounts.
- Develop and maintain an ongoing professional relationship with new and existing customers
- Act as customer liaison to deliver a single point of contact selling experience
- Collaborate with the team on presentations to key and potential new customers
- Prospect for and identify potential systems and service sales opportunities
- Perform take-off and estimate costs of prospective sales opportunities
- Actively log opportunities in Salesforce and perform account planning and mapping activities
- Analyze customer needs and develop project and maintenance plan proposals with beneficial solutions
- Determine installation labor requirements, and if they exceed in-house capacities, develop subcontractor bid packages to obtain cost estimates
- Prepare sales quotations and proposals
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
- Bachelor's degree with a business or technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in the building automation and/or security space
- Experience selling direct to owner with general contractor and consultant relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent mathematical and financial skills
- Enjoy the business development aspects of networking and attending industry events
- Strong understanding and interest in modern technologies (BAS/Security/IT)
- Capable of reading architectural and MEP/FP blueprints
- Proficient in Salesforce or other CRM software
- Positive and collaborative attitude
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.