Schneider’s purpose is to empower all to make the most of our energy and resources, bridging progress and sustainability for all. We call this Life Is On.
Our mission is to be your digital partner for Sustainability and Efficiency.
We drive digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies, end-point to cloud connecting products, controls, software and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure and industries.
We are the most local of global companies. We are advocates of open standards and partnership ecosystems that are passionate about our shared Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
Are you our next Tendering Engineer? Schneider Electric has a great opportunity for the right person to join our well-established team as a Tendering Engineer in Leeds.
Work within the tendering team to produce quotations for Leeds medium voltage products, meeting the expected service levels of customers and achieve and exceed quotation lead time and conversion rates.
What are the key responsibilities in this role?
- Produce tenders as necessary according to department loading demands;
- Review all enquiries and identify those which can be offered using the standard pricing;
- Work in collaboration with the external salesforce to support and execute strategies to establish products and solutions during identification phase;
- Ensure that Standard quotation and pricing tools used within the tendering process, are kept continually updated to meet market needs;
- Review and approve tender price/costing estimates and submit for management approval in accordance with the tendering processes;
- Ensure that formal risk analysis and mitigation is carried out on appropriate tenders and is submitted with approval requests;
- Ensure all orders received against a tender are properly verified to be in line with the quotation and all information is present prior to handover to contracts;
- Ensure that all opportunities and quotes are correctly entered into the Schneider CRM tool and that all activities and intelligence is recorded and maintained in the system;
- Be qualified to degree level in relevant discipline (Engineering or Business) or equivalent experience
- Sound commercial knowledge of the customer base and their business drivers
- Be able to demonstrate related work experience and a strong track record in similar role
- Understanding of competitor offers and up to date switchgear technology
- Awareness of the company's manufacturing/purchasing strategy & manufacturing capability
- Knowledge of commercial terms and conditions
- Understanding of the function of other departments
- Proven previous knowledge of tendering procedures
- Knowledge of management philosophies/team building techniques
- Understanding of HV Electrical distribution systems
- Commercial negotiation skills
- Commercial judgement – ability to estimate the potential value of an enquiry/tender, and the chance of success
- Ability to communicate well in English, both written and spoken
- Fully PC & Windows Excel/Word/PowerPoint literate
Our offer to you:
- You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with significant personal responsibility and attractive development opportunities
- Flexible working models to ensure a balance of family and working life
- Optimal support on your career path through regular training opportunities
- A dynamic and personal atmosphere, working with a global energised team
- A company culture that encourages performance and cooperation
- An attractive compensation package including the comprehensive fringe benefits expected of an international company
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.